Monday, 29-Apr-2024, 1:22 AM
Logged in as Guest
Group "Guests"

WC3-4Life / Custom Hero Footies!!!

New Idea: Regulated Mass - Page 3 - Forum

Forum moderator: Bond009  
Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » Idea Factory » New Idea: Regulated Mass
New Idea: Regulated Mass
Bond009Date: Monday, 12-Dec-2011, 10:58 PM | Message # 31
Overall Site Owner
Group: The Creator
Awards: 3
Quote (ProGlitcher)
btw i have question bond
why not just make all items not buyable in mass?
we wont have problems then :P

whats one of the funnest times during the game? first mass..
why? because theres alot going on, every second counts, and there is lots of varieties to change your mass from someone else's its also one of the most important times of the game

dont you think if i took away every single option to do stuff to change mass up with items or creeps it would get dumb?

i think making scroll default is good enough to give pubs more of a chance, we dont need to make it completely idiot proof though..

Legal_lifeDate: Tuesday, 13-Dec-2011, 1:05 AM | Message # 32
Zombie Pirate
Group: Users
Awards: 0
bond wheres my VIP

Bond009Date: Tuesday, 13-Dec-2011, 2:22 AM | Message # 33
Overall Site Owner
Group: The Creator
Awards: 3
dude check your pm's..

ArcttyDate: Tuesday, 13-Dec-2011, 10:22 AM | Message # 34
Ninja
Group: Clan Members
Quote (Bond009)
why? because theres alot going on, every second counts, and there is lots of varieties to change your mass from someone else's its also one of the most important times of the game

I am also a little biased in suggesting this change because I really can't do anything during mass because of lag, so all that stuff you said just makes me feel like I am missing out...

Quote (Bond009)
dont you think if i took away every single option to do stuff to change mass up with items or creeps it would get dumb?

I think auto-scroll is good enough to make it even. It is kind of the same thing you did when you changed the mass in from 5.4. There used to be a huge amount of time for you to run around and get hks, farm other teams and you would have HUGE control over how your mass played out. You could say that change made it "dumb" too, even though I don't think so.

I do think it would be cool for everyone's mass to be exactly the same and all heroes are like lvl 4.5 at the end of mass, and then the game would start from there. That would be really competitive, but again, I don't really care about anything other than auto scroll atm.

Vampirism_FireDate: Tuesday, 13-Dec-2011, 10:55 AM | Message # 35
Hero
Awards: 2
It Lowers the learning curve, This can be a good and bad thing. Makes it easier for noobs but takes out the need for the skills for dealing with other buffed footies during mass.

Signature by: Vexslasher
There Is No Such Thing As A "Final" Version.

SOUNDWAVESDate: Wednesday, 14-Dec-2011, 5:19 AM | Message # 36
Ninja
Group: Investor
Awards: 1
Quote (Arctty)
I think auto-scroll is good enough to make it even. It is kind of the same thing you did when you changed the mass in from 5.4. There used to be a huge amount of time for you to run around and get hks, farm other teams and you would have HUGE control over how your mass played out. You could say that change made it "dumb" too, even though I don't think so.

I do think it would be cool for everyone's mass to be exactly the same and all heroes are like lvl 4.5 at the end of mass, and then the game would start from there. That would be really competitive, but again, I don't really care about anything other than auto scroll atm.

Quote (Vampirism_Fire)
It Lowers the learning curve, This can be a good and bad thing. Makes it easier for noobs but takes out the need for the skills for dealing with other buffed footies during mass.

Agree with that.

Quote (Bond009)

How about this. give creeps(goatzilla and priest) to everyone who make their 1st hero like AI. but no gold to everyone.
so everybody can bring out goatzilla and priest. also give 1 staff of silence to every heros.
probably it might make much more dynamic mass but equal to everyone without pool. the only problem is laggers.

anyway most of games are decided by 1st mass so it's really important but not funny at all. And I think mass shouldn't be important part of this game.
ppl need mass to make their level but actually mass occupies too much important proportion compared to its value.

Rest in Peace Rookies

ArcttyDate: Wednesday, 14-Dec-2011, 11:52 AM | Message # 37
Ninja
Quote (Vampirism_Fire)

yeah this is true, I probably wouldn't even be asking for this if I had 0 lag during mass but remember, it is only the first FIVE minutes of the game. I am totally against, regulating things and taking away freedom of choice but I think this is an exception. I agree with what sound said:
Quote (SOUNDWAVES)
anyway most of games are decided by 1st mass so it's really important but not funny at all. And I think mass shouldn't be important part of this game.
ppl need mass to make their level but actually mass occupies too much important proportion compared to its value.

I could be wrong but I think what he is saying is that mass shouldn't be such a big factor in deciding who wins the game, especially considering how short it is.
Quote (SOUNDWAVES)
How about this. give creeps(goatzilla and priest) to everyone who make their 1st hero like AI. but no gold to everyone.
so everybody can bring out goatzilla and priest. also give 1 staff of silence to every heros.
probably it might make much more dynamic mass but equal to everyone without pool. the only problem is laggers.

This would be fun, but I can tell you right now I wouldn't have the FPS to use any of those things lol. Foots would be doing way less damage with weak goat roar + howl of terror and then wards from the priest. But I think this would make heroes with wards or other "mass spells" way more effective, which is the opposite of what we need imo.

Legal_lifeDate: Wednesday, 14-Dec-2011, 12:41 PM | Message # 38
Zombie Pirate
Alright guys. Sound I acknowledge the  fact that u wanna make the game better, but that just puts the pubs to a major advantage, they won't act like a ai. Some of them don't even know how to use the creeps, and besides u sexmute all that shlt from each base and u get a good 5k bad idea, guys we wanna make the game how everyone wants it , from pubs to pros,  not just how u want the game to turn out, if bond keeps changing the game to how u guys want it, I agree on Arcs idea but put it as a mode from red, anyways we can't just change the game to how u want to it to be, cause what about everyone else, the pubs, pros will be at a major advantage, yeah u say we may use op strats but I could say u do too, every thing can be countered, it's like a triangle in 3.8 
Aoe rapes tech
Tech rapes golem
Golem rapes Aoe
Idk if u call that balanced but I do, everything there is good at mass, aoes get aoes, tech gets auras and ups, golems get auras and ups, this game is becoming like any other footies, I played 5.4 for a month and I joined chf on 3.3, what I liked about it was how ur hero could control the game, not just the fcking rifles and mass pool in 5.4 so if. U guys don't do anything bout actually balancing the game out, NOT THE SPELLs, but in gameplay with pubs, I'm getting my new comp soon, and let's just say if this game becomes more like any other footies game I'm off the skyrrim sc2, and any other game I can obiovusly run on my new comp, reason why I quit 5.4 it was so repetitive, and say if u must that oh yeah aoes were too op back then but there are counters to that, but now tech rules all and u guys may think its balanced oh yea troll t2 can be countered by skeles or miltia, now Heros can't do anything, by all means if u guys wanna play a tech map I'm sure there are custom footmen games out there, example footmen custom deluxe, all bout tech , there's ars, ssd and this other mode, anyways there's lots of maps that depend on tech, and chf used to not be one of them, and yea all u techers will be like yeah dude it's balanced, last time I played tech before tbh was yesterday, I got 21k from troll t2 and ended apf Cesar apf sunshine I think and apf moonshine. They all went like aoes and I upped my attack and with hex and lasso I could silence one and attack other, tech is just too powerful and even with like coil bolt it's easier to just to tech with coil bolt cause if u don't ur base can die in like 4 seconds, no sarcasm, there aren't many counters now to mass pool tech. So anyways I'm done writing here. Hopefully this game can go back to more hero use.

Added (2011-12-14, 1:41 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Disadvantage*

SOUNDWAVESDate: Wednesday, 14-Dec-2011, 8:06 PM | Message # 39
Ninja
Quote (Arctty)
I could be wrong but I think what he is saying is that mass shouldn't be such a big factor in deciding who wins the game, especially considering how short it is.

yes. this is what I am saying.

Legal_life,
Quote (Legal_life)
Some of them don't even know how to use the creeps, and besides u sexmute all that shlt from each base and u get a good 5k bad idea,

yea it was just one of my suggestion but I think those creep can be replaced by summon type creep. so these summon goatzilla will last long 5~7min with better roar and ppl can't xmute them.

w/e
Quote (Legal_life)
Aoe rapes tech
Tech rapes golem
Golem rapes Aoe

I don't think so. what if 2 goes aoes, 1 pro goleming then what is counter for this? you might say yes and tech. but I don't think mass pool tech is legit way. what if you have team who don't pool?
your triangle is 1v1 situation.
also once golemeing team lead hero level there isn't any profer counter. tier2 mass upgrade can't come closer to golems. because of there supporters and aoes. ever tier3 can be raped by aoes really easily. also its really hard to feed off from others base.

Quote (Legal_life)
how ur hero could control the game, not just the fcking rifles and mass pool in 5.4

I think you didn't checked rifle attack damage. I mean you should check and compare 5.4 rifle and chf rifle attack damage in same upgrade situation.
if chf rifle had same attack like 5.4 they might rape heroes also.

Quote (Legal_life)
I played tech before tbh was yesterday, I got 21k from troll t2 and ended apf Cesar apf sunshine I think and apf moonshine. They all went like aoes and I upped my attack and with hex and lasso I could silence one and attack other, tech is just too powerful and even with like coil bolt it's easier to just to tech with coil bolt cause if u don't ur base can die in like 4 seconds, no sarcasm, there aren't many counters now to mass pool tech. So anyways I'm done writing here. Hopefully this game can go back to more hero use.

i don't know what you talking about. head hunters are same as version 3.8. bond only nerfed lv6 aoes and amount is less than 100dmg. on the other hand some of lv5 aoe has been buffed. as you can see from change log. only tier3 and 4 units have spell resistant.
I think you should use more tech and take some game alone like every other 90% of chf players. and then talk about tech.
however I've played with iconnect recently and aoe still raped tech. those aoes still hurt tier5 dark units. so I blame apf teams skill.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------------------

anyway chf is much better than 5.4 but this game is really hard to get new players. 5.4 bots are still filling faster than chf bot.
5.4 bot doesnt even connect to ombu and euro sever.
Man, I played this game fully enough and tried almost every possible things and builds and strategy.
and my conclusion is this game have too much high barrier to new players. mass and pet is 1st barrier
you guys don't even give chance to pub. with mass stacked team and pick op build and rape mass and then mass tome or mass goleming and rape them.
suppose that you are new to this game. you lost mass and opponent came into your base. all you can do is dying and feeding and reviving your heroes.
your enemy doesnt have to go back to fill their mana. cuz they sticked with pet in the middle of your base.
you think you can find fun from this feeding game?
I think this is why we need Regulated Mass to every one. at least let pub can fight equally while they take mass.

Added (2011-12-14, 9:06 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Quote (Legal_life)
not just how u want the game to turn out

all I want is better game to everyone. also I want fair and legit game. not abusing op shits and glitch. glitch code too. I can make my own code and I got 1k code but I am still using legit one not glitch code like you. w/e there were so many stupid things and unbalanced things exist at previous version.
but nobody mentioned about it no one wanted fix these things. all they've done is complaining to red and players.
for example.
whenever red put mode ppl couldnt get their repick reset. so I posted about it. I am sure more than 3 times.
so now ppl can take their repick whenver mode changes.
also announcement before vote. now you all can notice about vote.
about kill command, op high aoes with few mana costing. bug and glitch report. even tech too. go back to old version and compare with 3.8 and 3.9
look how much t4 units are worthless compare to their price. force filed, bat riders, owl creep, mana dragon these things are initiated by my suggestion.
I can't even count how many things did I suggested. furthermore idk how many times did I made suggestion post about samething and samething.
anyway all these suggestions have been filtered out by bond and worked by bond. And I am pretty sure these things made better game.

also I have to say this to legal, cheesy, xmon and all your supporters. I wanted and want to change this game but Goal is completely different with you.
i.e. xmonsterrr wanted buff breath of fire to bk much more easily but it's opposite way of my suggestion and my goal which isn't easy game for so called pro.
(pro players already have skill so why does game have to be easy to good players?)
and also not hard games for pub and new players.
this is what I want and all I can say

Quote (Legal_life)
pros will be at a major advantage

this just made me laugh.
pros should take a major challenge. not abusing ww divine aoes and xmute. mass chimera bk too

Rest in Peace Rookies

Message edited by SOUNDWAVES - Wednesday, 14-Dec-2011, 8:11 PM

Legal_lifeDate: Thursday, 15-Dec-2011, 1:01 AM | Message # 40
Zombie Pirate
Quote (SOUNDWAVES)
pros will be at a major advantage

how so, pubs dont know how to use a goat. or share, or use a pop.
Quote (SOUNDWAVES)
blame apf teams skill.

dont blame other teams for ur or other problems.

Quote (SOUNDWAVES)
I don't think so. what if 2 goes aoes, 1 pro goleming then what is counter for this? you might say yes and tech. but I don't think mass pool tech is legit way. what if you have team who don't pool?

tech and golems... :P goelms kill aoe while tech kills golems, try veng or soemthing. golems dont stand a chance now in 3.9, there ez to counter and making them suck in 3.9 wasnt a very good option. they were ez to counter, lizzards, turtles, mindrape, bladestorm, chimes, veng, charm.

Quote (SOUNDWAVES)
i.e. xmonsterrr wanted buff breath of fire to bk much more easily but it's opposite way of my suggestion and my goal which isn't easy game for so called pro.
(pro players already have skill so why does game have to be easy to good players?)
and also not hard games for pub and new players.
this is what I want and all I can say

then why would u ask to make swarm shock same hotkey if u know how to change hotkeys, putting everyone but you at a disadtange... its unfair i feel retarded clicking shock and swarm.

Quote (SOUNDWAVES)
yea it was just one of my suggestion but I think those creep can be replaced by summon type creep. so these summon goatzilla will last long 5~7min with better roar and ppl can't xmute them.

some pubs dont know to to press roar.

bought skyrim today smile going to be offline more often.

SOUNDWAVESDate: Thursday, 15-Dec-2011, 4:55 AM | Message # 41
Ninja
Quote (Legal_life)
then why would u ask to make swarm shock same hotkey if u know how to change hotkeys, putting everyone but you at a disadtange... its unfair i feel retarded clicking shock and swarm.

I never asked this. bring some legit excuse.

Quote (Legal_life)
bought skyrim today going to be offline more often.

pce out and make another good bye post.

Rest in Peace Rookies

xMoNsTeRRRDate: Thursday, 15-Dec-2011, 7:35 AM | Message # 42
Zombie Pirate
Group: Banned Users
First of all, I didn't ask to buff bof so I can bk more easily. Don't assume things like that. I asked bond to buff bof, because of zepps. If there are a lot of zepps clustered up bof should kill them. But since its so freaking weak it doesnt. I ask bond to buff it what, 50 damage? Anyway, regardless of any changes you make, we'll still be winning. And how are you going to call someone a "so called pro." Maybe when you finally hit the level of a pro you can judge someone else's skill. Until then, you should stop trying to call me out in every post. Btw new record of leaving game, what was that 6 minutes in?

this account is currently being shared by xmonsterrr and cyray. if i say something nice, its probably cyray so please disregard it.

Legal_lifeDate: Thursday, 15-Dec-2011, 12:20 PM | Message # 43
Zombie Pirate
Yo sound idk you go beef, but thought we were chill, and who the fck asked change swarm shock, and I'm not quitting just waiting for my comp to get here so I can play it more, and on wc3 less. And appertnly stax already quit cause of chf idk.

a_chinese_kidDate: Thursday, 15-Dec-2011, 4:54 PM | Message # 44
Robotic Ninja
Quote (Legal_life)
bought skyrim today going to be offline more often.

SAME

Legal_lifeDate: Thursday, 15-Dec-2011, 5:44 PM | Message # 45
Zombie Pirate
gotta get my new comp tho..

Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » Idea Factory » New Idea: Regulated Mass
Search:
Login Form
Search
Make Donation
Latest Posts

CHAT
Social Networking
Our poll - 1
Rate our map
Total of answers: 501
Stats
<