• »
Forum moderator: Bond009  
Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » Idea Factory » New Aura
New Aura
Bond009Date: Wednesday, 06-Apr-2011, 11:39 AM | Message # 1
Overall Site Owner
Group: The Creator
Awards: 3
Not sure if i wanna do this fully or not yet but give ideas on what sounds more balanced.

I thinking it might be cool to have an aura that helps units with damage spell reduction.

but first off do you think it would be too op as a normal ability? im thinking it might be.. so what do you think of it as an ulti?

was thinking maybe like first lvl 15% then 30% then 50% spell damage reduction for all units around the hero (it wont affect heros, that shit would be retarded) i guess it can affect the hero that has the ulti tho..
and i was thinking anything over 50% would be pretty imba.. and would give maulers yet ANOTHER OP advantage.

not even sure i wanna do this yet.. but if so what do u think

LittleBDate: Wednesday, 06-Apr-2011, 11:59 AM | Message # 2
Robotic Ninja
Group: Clan Members
Awards: 0
sounds neat, but totally dont make it work on heros...

Master-HeroDate: Wednesday, 06-Apr-2011, 12:25 PM | Message # 3
Legacy Staff
Awards: 2
Or make it like roar. Not an aura, but last pretty long.

Inactive mod.

LittleBDate: Wednesday, 06-Apr-2011, 12:45 PM | Message # 4
Robotic Ninja
isnt that kinda like endurance aura? it increse atk, i think bonds idea of damage reduction would be nice, or spell immunity, like the guy casts a shockwave but they immune to it cuz of the %

ArcttyDate: Wednesday, 06-Apr-2011, 12:56 PM | Message # 5
Ninja
Yeah castable like roar, maybe dispellable. Unless you want to tone it down a lot. As a regular ability you could go 3%, 6, 9, 12, 16 and 20 noncastable (affecting heroes) that is a powerfull aura, 20% base spell reduction is a lot. Maybe go 5% at lvl 1 to 25% lvl 6 might be better.

As an ultimate I would think 10%/20%/30% is good. Maybe castable with a cooldown and nondispellable. Like cooldown is 40 seconds, lasts 25 seconds.

I think all that should effect heroes though, a tech with 50% spell reduction is going to be so hard to counter. Tech strategies are already really strong and the only offensive counter is aoe spells and you still get hexed/lassoed/netted if you are farming them aggressively. You can maul them too but only with avatar and you can even die with ava if they have a frost tower.

I don't think you have to worry about giving maulers "another op advantage". Mauling has its moments but it it can be weak compared to a tech +hex/lass/roots build or a pure hk build and frost towers really mess with mauling. There usually isn't more than one mauler in each game, if at all.

Rape_DungeonDate: Wednesday, 06-Apr-2011, 12:56 PM | Message # 6
Rifleman
Group: Users
I think to be more balanced it should not be 15%-30%-50%, maybe 10%-20%-30%.

a set ulti aura is a nice idea, but for even MORE balance i like master-hero's idea of it being a roar instead of an aura. like the warlock's shout or something to that effect lol.

we all know one of the main ways people kill mass's of units is with spells. With 50% spell reduction, unit swarms would be too OP. and picture darks with 50% spell reduction lol.

very nice idea though i would like to see it put into effect.

-=Rape_Dungeon=-

VexslasherDate: Wednesday, 06-Apr-2011, 4:23 PM | Message # 7
Site Manager
Group: Site Management
Awards: 1
I dunno, it sounds pretty cool, however I would rather a gold increase aura like I suggested way back, it wouldn't have to very good even, you could just make it good for like agility heroes, or if you don't want to do an aura for it, how bout just a spell that makes the hero only do it? Like the hero have pillage except instead of just buildings it can hit all units to, that would even be a bit easier then my golden aura idea.. But yeah I like your idea two, however I dunno if I would pick that very often as an ultimate move, maybe less buff and not an ultimate.

Bond009Date: Wednesday, 06-Apr-2011, 5:03 PM | Message # 8
Overall Site Owner
Group: The Creator
Yeah i remember your pillage gold ability idea but dont remember the gold aura one so much, what was the details on how that worked again? also nice new sig btw.

Now that u mention a gold aura though.. that could be neat.. maybe something like any enemy within the aura of the hero gets you a small set amount of extra gold per kill when under the affect of the aura? idk something to that extent, keep in mind it would be a set value per lvl, it would be too much work to make the gold value based on the unit type that your killing.

Also for the idea i had i think i like the roar idea more also. Not only will it be easier to make happen than making a custom aura but it will also be more balanced in the fact that it can be dispellable and also limited with casting etc.. i think it should be something cool tho like a ulti and be semi strong, prob is tho if its too strong could be too good of a game ender maybe.
If someone got to lvl 16 a good amount ahead of other teams and got that to like 50% or something and rushed a base with that casted it could be pretty hard to counter those units.. but then again not so much because a jammy could dispel it and save the day.. xD
But an element of surprise attack with that would be quite affective..
Now if i did it this way would it be fair to have it also affect heros then too or no..
and this would be a great offensive way to counter those ppl that run shoot 2 waves and then ww away again, becuz this would allow those units to live through those waves now in your base if its casted.

Theres a good amount of approaches this could take. just gotta find the best one and most fair/balanced..

BikiniandPunaniDate: Wednesday, 06-Apr-2011, 5:10 PM | Message # 9
Grunt
who cares about an aura...??? just make the druids have a higher hit point and increase their damage and duration and everything will be fine!

VexslasherDate: Wednesday, 06-Apr-2011, 5:14 PM | Message # 10
Site Manager
Group: Site Management
Awards: 1
I think it should be able to affect the heroes to, at least if your doing it like the roar idea, and glad like my sig smile

Sounds like it would be cool for the gold aura 2, it wouldn't matter if it's not different for different unit types.

I think the range should be pretty good for that damage spell reduction aura.

Cheesy-GordiaDate: Wednesday, 06-Apr-2011, 5:17 PM | Message # 11
Robotic Ninja
Way to totally take credit for my idea xD

I hate this n***a actin like jesus - SOUNDWAVES

You don't are pro - Adam_CZ

AntyoneDate: Wednesday, 06-Apr-2011, 5:48 PM | Message # 12
Development Director
Quote (Cheesy-Gordia)
Way to totally take credit for my idea xD

Lol. U mad?
Lol. He mad tongue

lolbladeDate: Wednesday, 06-Apr-2011, 6:59 PM | Message # 13
Pirate
Quote (Bond009)
Yeah i remember your pillage gold ability idea but dont remember the gold aura one so much, what was the details on how that worked again? also nice new sig btw.

pillage only works on buildings...

and the aura sounds cool except it should cap off at 30-40% 50% is already too op for maulers... i dunno but make it like 20%physical damage reduction and 30% spell damage reduction cuz in the end usually its the spells killing them (not many unit fights)

sig in construction

Legal_lifeDate: Wednesday, 06-Apr-2011, 6:59 PM | Message # 14
Zombie Pirate
what about an aura that slowly dereases nearby enimy health? like that would be cool

lolbladeDate: Wednesday, 06-Apr-2011, 7:05 PM | Message # 15
Pirate
that would be except it has to be rlyyyyyyyyyyyyyy slow like 2% each second... cuz what i hate is that aura bunched with d-shield and u just wait around... wink happy

sig in construction

Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » Idea Factory » New Aura
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search:
Login Form
Search
Make Donation
Latest Posts

CHAT
Social Networking
Our poll - 1