Tuesday, 14-May-2024, 5:30 AM
Logged in as Guest
Group "Guests"

WC3-4Life / Custom Hero Footies!!!

A few things I think should be added - Forum

• Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: Bond009  
Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » Idea Factory » A few things I think should be added
A few things I think should be added
VexslasherDate: Friday, 29-Apr-2011, 1:12 AM | Message # 1
Site Manager
Group: Site Management
Awards: 1
FTD
For the FTD mode I was thinking it might be cool to have like incomes and have another shop appear which sells creeps that will be sent to all other 3 opponents creep areas, when you buy the creeps you start getting income and you get income at the start of each wave, sorta like on legion td.

I was also thinking it would be cool to have a lot more tower types to choose from, maybe a money tower that gets gold on each hit, a death tower shoots slow but kills units in one hit, I have a few td maps that you could look through for examples of how to make them if you need, oh a multishot tower is another cool one, I like the towers you have already I just think it might be cool to have a few more.

Races
A new race would be pretty cool don't really care what it is just something new.

An option to switch races for free would be nice, if you still have my water footies map it has a perfect example of how to make it only free to switch to the same tiers as your current tier.

Spells
I would really like to see a new gold spell of some sort either an aura or just a gold spell for a hero alone that gains income for every hit to a unit or building, I think it would be cool to have it not as an ultimate so not too strong and 6 lvls, and maybe it could even require a bit of mana or something dunno.

Items
Would be cool to have a new recipe item, I really like the recipe items they are the coolest, I do notice that the shop is sorta full tho..

Buffs
Maybe a buff to the deadly wards and maybe make them sold some other easier to get to shop, no one ever uses them, I think people would like them more if they were easier to find and a bit better, I know you have buffed them but they still need more buffed I think.

lspiderlDate: Friday, 29-Apr-2011, 1:38 AM | Message # 2
Site Manager
Group: Administrators

thats what she said

I suffer from a condition called dislexix disgraphia so please parden my spelling and typographical errors

VexslasherDate: Friday, 29-Apr-2011, 2:40 AM | Message # 3
Site Manager
Quote (lspiderl)
thats what she said

Does that mean you don't like these ideas?

LittleBDate: Friday, 29-Apr-2011, 3:18 AM | Message # 4
Robotic Ninja
Group: Clan Members
Awards: 0
i do,there very nice man

SOUNDWAVESDate: Friday, 29-Apr-2011, 3:49 AM | Message # 5
Ninja
Group: Investor
I like your ideas vex

especially these two.

Quote (Vexslasher)
An option to switch races for free would be nice, if you still have my water footies map it has a perfect example of how to make it only free to switch to the same tiers as your current tier.

Quote (Vexslasher)
Would be cool to have a new recipe item, I really like the recipe items they are the coolest, I do notice that the shop is sorta full tho..

And should give strong buff to unpopular skills for variety tactics and builds.

Also creeps too.

Bond said giving backpack to creeps (except golem and newt) for carrying peasant armor might be lil bt OP.
but one shammy with one peasant armor cost 1k gold and it is same with 2 rock golems (2000HP)
so I dont think that would be OP

Rest in Peace Rookies

13riNgiToNDate: Friday, 29-Apr-2011, 10:33 AM | Message # 6
Grunt
Group: Users
Quote (Vexslasher)
and have another shop appear which sells creeps that will be sent to all other 3 opponents creep areas,

YES YES YES!

Owls <3

Bond009Date: Friday, 29-Apr-2011, 11:22 AM | Message # 7
Overall Site Owner
Group: The Creator
Awards: 3
i like most these ideas although some would take a good amount of time to make happen.

FTD
The FTD thing took a long time to do..longer than planned lol thats why i didnt have a ton of extra options with it. it got to the point it just needed to be released when it got to be stable and pretty balanced. I like that idea a lot and planned to do something like that but will take some good time to make those extra units and balanced them as far as cost goes and their power level. Also keep in mind players can pool in CHF and not in Legion TD so them buying a kraken for 600 wood is semi balanced to how late in the game they can send them. But if players pooled they could get a OP creep sent for that time in the game. But i guess it wouldnt matter that much, and i could put start stock delays on it so it couldn't be sent too soon.

Races
With the free race changing thing gotta rearrange what everything techs too and what not also i dont think it should be free exactly.. there should be some sort of commitment to the race you pick. although i dont think it should cost the exact amount for that same tier level again, but maybe like half.. so if you wanted to go from tier 4 human to t4 night elf it would only cost you 2000 instead of 4000 etc..
Also its been a long time sense i messed with this kind of unit data for teching, remind me, wouldnt i have to make doubles of all the buildings to give them different prices for upgrading at a different cost?

Spells
with the spells thing i plan to maybe add chris's old idea for the gold thing, i also like your pillage idea but that would maybe be OP with mualers as they attack so damn fast and are already semi OP hero types.. lol (this idea was every 1 min or something based on how many units you have alive is how much gold you earn in that minute)
So like at level 1 skill lets say every unit you have alive at that time u get 1 gold for every minute level 6 could be like 10 gold per units so like 1-2-3-5-7-10 or something like that. it wouldnt be based on unit types, just amount of units and skill level. So if you got like t3 human and made those units strom and kept a lot alive you would get some pretty good gold income.
(i think i may make it a passive skill, but i could also make it a activate cast spell so when u press it thats when u get the gold based on unit count. then u could choose when to use it.)

Items
for items, this is becoming an issue as there becoming a lack of room for stores to fit nicely.
i think what ill do it make another buyable store for like 100-200 gold or something and put a few new recipe items in there.. i'll also place the ww item in there and put the store in the ww's current slot. The buyable store makes things convenient and allow item expansions without cluttering up the store area badly.

Buffs
I was also thinking about this ward item the other day when adding to my list of things, it needs a buff yea, but it also needs to be made a different way, as with that aura having a - hp regen, when it kills the units the owner of that ward gets no bounty. Which is the main reason people dont use that i think. I have an idea to fix it and make it work good.

lolbladeDate: Friday, 29-Apr-2011, 3:16 PM | Message # 8
Pirate
luv the ideas right now FTD is the worst mode for me cuz ranged mauler just pwns after some time and kill all the waves and spells like blizzard go QQ cuz they cant do shit after the waves get spell immune and plz add some towers other than the basic 3. LEGION TD is still way better no offense

Added (2011-04-29, 4:16 PM)
---------------------------------------------

Quote (Vexslasher)
I would really like to see a new gold spell of some sort either an aura or just a gold spell for a hero alone that gains income for every hit to a unit or building, I think it would be cool to have it not as an ultimate so not too strong and 6 lvls, and maybe it could even require a bit of mana or something dunno.

something kinda like pillage just not too OP cuz with a mauler they would be rich

sig in construction

joyoyoDate: Friday, 29-Apr-2011, 4:22 PM | Message # 9
Archer
Group: New Users
Quote (Vexslasher)
For the FTD mode I was thinking it might be cool to have like incomes and have another shop appear which sells creeps that will be sent to all other 3 opponents creep areas, when you buy the creeps you start getting income and you get income at the start of each wave, sorta like on legion td

Bond is right... if allies are pooling, a team could buy too good creep.
Quote (lolblade)
LEGION TD is still way better no offense

NO WAY!!! XD

[center]Sorry if you don't understand what I'm writing,
I'm French[/center]

Master-HeroDate: Friday, 29-Apr-2011, 6:14 PM | Message # 10
Legacy Staff
Group: Clan Members
Awards: 2
No codes for SSD mode. All the pubs are like: "Do SSD, I really need to get 30 wins VERY FAST!!!"

Inactive mod.

Cheesy-GordiaDate: Friday, 29-Apr-2011, 7:10 PM | Message # 11
Robotic Ninja
Naw leave the code for ssd there since 90% of all games when Im not around are ssd so the pubs are all gonna rage at us and never play again.

This is coming from someone that strongly disagrees with ssd ^^

I hate this n***a actin like jesus - SOUNDWAVES

You don't are pro - Adam_CZ

VexslasherDate: Saturday, 30-Apr-2011, 2:01 AM | Message # 12
Site Manager
FTD
Quote (Bond009)
Also keep in mind players can pool in CHF and not in Legion TD

maybe you could make it so that there is no pooling or maybe a long delay for pooling in FTD mode, I know I never go scroll when it's an ftd game because it's no longer necessary, instead the towers are needed, so really you rarely see pooling in the ftd mode at the start anyways, and the terror tower is not in it, another reason why pooling doesn't happen for awhile.

Races

Quote (Bond009)
Also its been a long time sense i messed with this kind of unit data for teching, remind me, wouldn't i have to make doubles of all the buildings to give them different prices for upgrading at a different cost?

Available for users only

Spells

Quote (Bond009)
every unit you have alive at that time u get 1 gold for

This sounds really cool, maybe better then the gold spell that I had thought of because it is more unique to warcraft.

Items

Quote (Bond009)
for items, this is becoming an issue as there becoming a lack of room for stores to fit nicely.

Available for users only

Buffs

Quote (Bond009)
I have an idea to fix it and make it work good.

That sounds good to me smile

Bond009Date: Saturday, 30-Apr-2011, 2:27 AM | Message # 13
Overall Site Owner
Group: The Creator
for FTD i think having start stock delays till later would help fix ppl from sending way OP creeps to enemy teams if they pooled.
Do me a favor and play a few games, and take notes of these things. do an average good build for FTD and take note of how long the game has been going for with -Time and take notes of how much gold you have at any given time, also your hero lvl and tier lvl so i know how strong u are overall.
This will help me decide how much to make the creeps cost and how long to make their start stock delay.

Races

Quote (Vexslasher)
You would either need to create a upgraded version of each tier so it would still look like the race it's currently on or you could use 1 building for all tiers that are the same lvl and give it the upgrades to go to the new half priced races and one upgrade which is free to go back to the current tier race type.

the prob with making more than one building but be the 'same tech and tier' is i have alooot of code in the game that references those exact buildings only. It would take me forever to go through it all and add those lower price clone tiers in to also work with the game :/ it would be a tooon of work and time. maybe theres another easier way we can think of so not have to change the buildings aka (make clones with diff prices)

Quote (Vexslasher)
This sounds really cool, maybe better then the gold spell that I had thought of because it is more unique to warcraft.

yea i think it will be pretty neat, you think its better as a cast for the action to happen or a passive skill? (im not sure if its passive if it will still work when the heros dead or not though, but it might..)

Items
Member in water footies tho when we tested it out when u change stores it resets all the start stock delays and cd's, that would be quite bad to happen in chf lol

PinasDate: Saturday, 30-Apr-2011, 7:00 AM | Message # 14
Pirate
Group: Investor
Quote (Bond009)
for FTD i think having start stock delays till later would help fix ppl from sending way OP creeps to enemy teams if they pooled.
Do me a favor and play a few games, and take notes of these things. do an average good build for FTD and take note of how long the game has been going for with -Time and take notes of how much gold you have at any given time, also your hero lvl and tier lvl so i know how strong u are overall.
This will help me decide how much to make the creeps cost and how long to make their start stock delay.

I think you should also get some not as skilled people to help get statistics as well. And make sure the games aren't stacked with 1 good team then the other 3 are shit other wise 1 person on your team could just take on your lane whilst the other 2 feed from the other teams hard out.

Penis

VexslasherDate: Saturday, 30-Apr-2011, 8:05 AM | Message # 15
Site Manager
I think the gold spell would be fine as a passive spell.

Quote (Bond009)

Do you have any replays saved of FTD games? if so that would probably be just what you need, if you don't I think I will just make some replays for you so you will not just have my stats for how much gold I have and stuff but you will have everyone's in that game.

Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » Idea Factory » A few things I think should be added
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:
Login Form
Search
Make Donation
Latest Posts

CHAT
Social Networking
Our poll - 1
Rate our map
Total of answers: 501