Saturday, 20-Apr-2024, 6:58 AM
Logged in as Guest
Group "Guests"

WC3-4Life / Custom Hero Footies!!!

Wards, Acid, Unholy - Page 3 - Forum

Forum moderator: Bond009  
Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » Game Strategy » Wards, Acid, Unholy (Best way to play?)
Wards, Acid, Unholy
Dragon-HawkDate: Monday, 21-Apr-2014, 6:46 PM | Message # 31
Rifleman
Group: Investor
Awards: 0
Quote Jawnson ()
Ahh, thanks!  What is the war golem for, though?
 The golems are for dispelling and everytime u dispell something u gain abit of health. HE also has chaos damage with cleaving attack i usually get 2-3 blanks when im using wards with unholy

Added (21-Apr-2014, 6:46 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Btw he only costs 450 gold smile

ic3dt3aDate: Monday, 21-Apr-2014, 9:58 PM | Message # 32
Robotic Ninja
Awards: 1
dont bother with blank, unless u have an aoe that damages both enemy and ally units(flame strike and blizzard are currently the only 2, rain of fire doesnt count, rosa knows why). you are better off buying a jammy to dispel enemy beast scroll(and then move it back towards ur base out of range) and dispel summons(once again, move back to ur base).

they want to put up the war golem's abilities against ONLY dispel?
well the jammy has firebolt which can aid in getting hero kills. it also has rejuv, that can be cast on ally units(golem can only heal itself, minor healing)
the dispel on the jammy is a lot faster and causes more damage.

i cant understand why they keep QQing about their jammy dieing faster than the golem, is it because they don't know how to rejuv? is it because they keep unholy only lvl 1? i dgi

rosa, i dont like mehrquack, i think he's a tool, but firness is being a major douche. he keeps saying how he doesnt play anymore, yet is posting randomly to give his suggestions. i think mehrquack could easily take out firness. you have to remember that firness, at the "top of his game" was still a pub.
trololol

http://chf.ucoz.com/forum/71-3499-61942-16-1396993348

Dragon-HawkDate: Monday, 21-Apr-2014, 10:14 PM | Message # 33
Rifleman
Quote ic3dt3a ()
dont bother with blank, unless u have an aoe that damages both enemy and ally units
 Why would you wanna damage your own team? lol

ic3dt3aDate: Monday, 21-Apr-2014, 10:55 PM | Message # 34
Robotic Ninja
Quote Dragon-Hawk ()
Why would you wanna damage your own team? lol

when you flame strike an area, ur units take damage. i used to impale acid nova + donation with tech to hk heros. i slowly replaced to impale flame strike, and it would kill my units when i surrounded. golems are spell immune so they dont take damage.
also, sending in a spell immune summon and casting blizzard or flame strike in the combat area helps get quicker kills. if ur on right now, i'll paly with u(im lagging atm tho)

JawnsonDate: Tuesday, 22-Apr-2014, 0:58 AM | Message # 35
Archer
Group: Users
Quote Cou ()
I use unholy, serps, lassoo and vengance as a main rush build since I was a pubby pie. Yesh I can win 80 % of my games without an aoe because I relied on heavy tech and creep usage and yesh I do realised if I added an aoe, I wouldn't have lost that much games but I do enjoy challenges lol.

Seeing that I'm probably not that skilled, I think I will try out unholy, serps, flame strike, and vengeance.  This way I can have an aoe for farming easier, serps for mass and unholy for buffing mah lizads.  However, do you think I should replace unholy with tichmeh?

Also, I find I win mass a lot more playing solo if I upgrade attack 3 or 4 times instead of buying creeps right away.  After that I usually tech once to grunts (however, I'm going to try what Rosario said and go banshees for easier rush). Then I'll buy a lizard to stop harass and maybe a rat or two to stop people from ruining my veng.

Could the starting strat be improved?

Certde

Message edited by Jawnson - Tuesday, 22-Apr-2014, 1:04 AM

RosarioVampireZDate: Tuesday, 22-Apr-2014, 4:05 AM | Message # 36
Robotic Ninja
Group: Clan Members
Quote Jawnson ()
unholy, serps, flame strike, and vengeance
Much more efficient to use frost nova instead of flame strike
Instant damage = profit
Especially with serpent's splash damage smile

Quote Jawnson ()
However, do you think I should replace unholy with tichmeh?
You could, but unless you plan on getting endurance aura item FIRST thing in mass, I discourage you.
There is a reason why unholy aura is known to be the number 1 most overpowered aura.
smile

Quote Jawnson ()
Also, I find I win mass a lot more playing solo if I upgrade attack 3 or 4 times instead of buying creeps right away.
If you mass  upgrade, ofc ur gonna have easier time winning mass.
^^

Quote Jawnson ()
After that I usually tech once to grunts (however, I'm going to try what Rosario said and go banshees for easier rush)
Grunts are to prevent aoe spams late game.
Nothing else. Grunts are basically a tier for protection. The actual unit (Grunts) suck.

at tier 1,
Rifles = Somewhat slower version of bahsees
Banshees = Great herokiller if hero is lassoed and maimed by a dozen upgraded ^^
Ghouls = Just pure feed. -UIM ^^
Archers = Ehh..uhmm, feed? take Banshees instead.
Grunts = Can't do anything. Doesn't do anything BUT HEY! LEVEL 6 AOE CANT KILL IT USUALLY smile <= other than that, they are super useless
So at tier 1, get banshees. Banshees are good at herokilling with massed AND rushing

tier 2
Militia = If you upgraded ATTACK a lot and have some left over to upgrade HP, and you are rushing while being in lead, I HIGHLY suggest it.
The spams of militias are UNCOUNTERABLE especially when paired with unholy smile
Fiends = A version of troll beserks in which if upgraded the undead thingy, they get a free unholy aura thingy in themselves :3
Troll Beserks = Really great damage. Probably best damager from tier 1 to tier 4 if you look at the cost and how much attack goes up each upgrade. Only problem, IT IS FEED sad <= unless you can get a lead
Skeletal warriors = If you are rushing early game and well...it's a version of militia that dies faster but HITS A LOT HIGHER.
Huntress = Most useless tier 2. Don't even bother. Better off with ..
fiends for herokilling with lasso
miltias for spam units early game
skeletal warriors to have BEASTLY upgraded spammed units

tier 3
Ehh, druids of talons, enough said
Only other case is that human magic stealing Spell Breaker. Only get this if you teched from militias and had upgraded some human HP. Cause they are the most ... BS units ever smile

tier 4
Need I say more? AoE = Taurens
Range = Dryads
Failures (might as well not get) = mortars or knights

tier 5
Need I say more? Melee = Taurens
Range = Either

tier 5.5?
When you upgraded all attack, all defense, all special in the game with all auras level 6, best tier is dark abomination.
Dark abomination super super super late game > dark taurens
Problem is, this never happens. And if it does, the opponent already has ring of j3bus and ended game lol

ic3dt3aDate: Tuesday, 22-Apr-2014, 9:51 AM | Message # 37
Robotic Ninja
problem with rosa's tier suggestions is that once u hit tier 2, there are race specific upgrades being suggested.

animal training(not sure if its called that) gives the hp boost(and attack speed???) to only humans
unholy frenzy(not sure on name) is the attack speed upgrade only for undead
ranged, only elf
berserker str, upgrades attack damage + hp, applies to BOTH elintian and orc. <- this is why elintian to orc is preferred most of the time. they also have berserker frenzy, which makes them attack slightly faster,but take more damage

RosarioVampireZDate: Tuesday, 22-Apr-2014, 11:30 AM | Message # 38
Robotic Ninja
Quote ic3dt3a ()
problem with rosa's tier suggestions is that once u hit tier 2, there are race specific upgrades being suggested.
That's why for this build (which is basically an early rusher)

The best is 
(tier 1 = banshees for all)
1. Stick with humans from tier 2 to up and upgrade ONLY
attack and hp. (maybe like 2 defense but ehh, attack and hp is the most important all game)

Because from my experience..
Militias conquer all tier 2 when mass rushing with upgrades AND
tier 3 humans ain't dat bad :P
Spell breakers never die and drain enemy mana fast smile

It might not be the glorious druid of talons but hey, u can survive :P

BTW, idk about you but I think tichmeh aura, unholy aura, serpent wards, vengence are a better option
Tichmeh aura = aura is MUCH bigger so it affects everyone 
while acid bomb...kinda limited
idk, my thoughts (i leave unholy level 1 until I'm level 9 in which i change to level 2 there and rest, all serpent => tichmehs)

^^ I used to luv tichmeh, unholy, serpent wards with chimeras
Unfortunately, I stopped using it after the stupid nerfs Bond did (now it's incredibly weak smile   )
**For this build, pheonix is nice too but ehh, INVULNERABLE units ftw!

Some recent replays where I used this stupid build (some with tichmeh aura instead)
http://playchf.tk/replay/view_replay.php?file=128419.w3g
http://playchf.tk/replay/view_replay.php?file=128786.w3g
http://playchf.tk/replay/view_replay.php?file=128793.w3g

ACTUALLY, first one is your build. Last replay might be tichmeh instead.
As you can see, tichmeh aura is more effective since well....auras are bigger
(unless you did not dominate mass, tichmeh in rushes are much better than acid bombs)

Added (22-Apr-2014, 11:30 AM)
---------------------------------------------

Quote Jawnson ()
Also, I find I win mass a lot more playing solo if I upgrade attack 3 or 4 times instead of buying creeps right away.  After that I usually tech once to grunts (however, I'm going to try what Rosario said and go banshees for easier rush). Then I'll buy a lizard to stop harass and maybe a rat or two to stop people from ruining my veng.
U know, I really don't see point of creeps unless
1. You are undead (then get shaman in mass with this build)
2. You see lots of d arrowers (Get a blank golem or jammy. Well, get jammy if you know it might impact your mass but other than that, get a blank golem ALL game)
**remember to hotkey the blank golem and spam that dispel. And spam dat dispel from the vengence too :P
3. You see someone getting blank golem in mass (It's blank vs blank wars. Let's see who wins mass and levels and techs first smile
4. Your gold is overflooding in mass and have 450 gold at a given point while your attack is pretty high. Hey! Just buy it, who knows smile
5. You fail mass, you fail hard. You are desperate with your tier 1 banshees with attack upgrade. Save up every scrap, shockwave if u can, and buy mass newts smile

**In general, DO NOT USE THIS BUILD WHEN ALL 3 OF YOUR ENEMY TEAMS HAVE AT LEAST 1 PRO.
THE REPLAY IN MY RED IS AN EXAMPLE OF WHEN TO NOT USE.
Ofc i won but smile highly risky ^^

Quote Jawnson ()
Could the starting strat be improved?
Since your gonna be with pubs
Before mass starts, upgrade attack to 1
And spam wards on your side right when the base protection goes off
All mass, upgrade only attack (hotkey your main and keep pressing "a" while checking your gold amount :P )
Hero should spam wards 

level 1: wards
level 2: unholy
level 3: tichmeh or acid bomb (i highly advise tichmeh and to make your hero near enough so enemy foots impacted during mass)
level 4: wards
level 5: tichmeh or acid bomb
level 6: vengence
level 7: wards OR acid bomb (acid bomb has priority! Chose wards if you got tichmeh aura)
level 8: tichmeh OR wards
level 9: unholy aura
level 10: acid bomb or tichmeh
level 11: vengence
level 12: wards
level 13: acid bomb or tichmeh
level 14: wards
level 15: NOTHING 
level 16: vengence
level 17: tichmeh or acid bomb AND wards
level 18+: unholy

When your first mass ends, in most pub games, your attack should be VERY high and HAVE JUST ENOUGH for first tech
~around 1100 gold and then tech to banshees.
Now, speed scroll or whatever you do in a pub team
1. To hit a pub team, send all your units, all your ally units, all units in base to a spot next to the corners of the enemy team base
If your units are in corners and you spam serpent wards there, enemy footmen can only attack from front and your hero will not be attacked
2. Destroy towers ASAP. With your speed scrolled units or wtvr, if possible, iGNORE THE UNITS AT START and JUST PRESET THE DAMN ARMY TO HIT THE DAMN TOWERS. You don't want cannon towers :l
3. Any UPGRADING tower MUST BE DESTROYED. IDGAF WHAT HAPPENS. JUST DO IT
4. Just feed off enemy :P
5. Jammy will dispel at times. Ehh, just spam serpent wards near there and acid bomb/tichmeh aura it. It will eventually die anyways and who give a crap. Your army are not black arrow summons anyways

6. Although upgrading attack is really good, at a certain point during your 1st feed, you have to understand, ANYTHING > tier 1.
So get tier 2 militias ASAP.
And upgrade HP a couple of times.
7. Raid another weak enemy team. Mass upgrade attack and HP only (defense only TWICE)
8. Get spell breakers and end game. (more upgraded attacks and hp)
9. If that fails, knights !
*Knights are crap but because you upgraded a lot of hp, it shuldn't really be die-able...lol

10. Just enjoy the feed. 

And here is how to win WITHOUT aoe wink and without micro too!

JawnsonDate: Tuesday, 22-Apr-2014, 1:18 PM | Message # 39
Archer
Wow, thanks for all of the great advice!  I will definitely be putting it to use smile

Since people are responding so much, I might as well ask a few more questions :P

Should you base kill the first team you are farming off of once you hit lvl 9-10, or should you switch to another team if you can to farm more before killing the first team?

What is the absolute best position to have your footies in during the mass?

Certde

RosarioVampireZDate: Wednesday, 23-Apr-2014, 11:41 AM | Message # 40
Robotic Ninja
Quote Jawnson ()
Should you base kill the first team you are farming off of once you hit lvl 9-10, or should you switch to another team if you can to farm more before killing the first team?
Sure. U usually shuld because if they survive the rush, they are going to recover exponentially because they were kinda fed ...
smile
(and plus they want vengence)

Quote Jawnson ()
What is the absolute best position to have your footies in during the mass?
Team 1.
Team 3 is worst.
IDK but in same circumstances, it's usually team 1 that ends up winning most.
In other words.....this game is biased BY A LOT

and for this build (tichmeh/acid bomb, wards, unholy, vengence)
I HIGHLY suggest you NOT to use it when you see 
1. Lots of bolts
2. Lots of fire strikes and novas. smile

Priest-Of-SinDate: Wednesday, 23-Apr-2014, 2:47 PM | Message # 41
Hero
Quote RosarioVampireZ ()
With that being said, guys, stop with the fights.
agree with rosa ..altough merh its not a noob.but insted fighting here you should fight on chf map, do it for fun.just like cou said (take the chalange)
and both ideas are good i meant jamie or blank golem...but you should consider what opponents  you have.and  do not look only for creaps help...you can also try scrolls...sometimes the are much usefull then creeps (depends on your situation).my advice is to learn all about chf.

IM NOT TOTALLY USELESS.....I CAN BE USED AS A BAD EXAMPLE

JawnsonDate: Wednesday, 23-Apr-2014, 7:53 PM | Message # 42
Archer
Rosa, I'm having a hard time understanding why you consider unholy aura to be so op?  I mean, at lvl 2 it only gives like 20% move speed and 4 hp per second.  It seems like an aura such as command or devotion would be more effective.  However, I may be missing something so please point it out to me smile

Certde

Message edited by Jawnson - Wednesday, 23-Apr-2014, 7:53 PM

ic3dt3aDate: Wednesday, 23-Apr-2014, 9:11 PM | Message # 43
Robotic Ninja
Quote Jawnson ()
Rosa, I'm having a hard time understanding why you consider unholy aura to be so op?  I mean, at lvl 2 it only gives like 20% move speed and 4 hp per second.

its not that its op, its that its the best aura to creep and micro with

mehrquackDate: Thursday, 24-Apr-2014, 4:48 AM | Message # 44
Grunt
Quote ic3dt3a ()
nd both ideas are good i meant jamie or blank golem...but you should consider what opponents you have.and do not look only for creaps help...you can also try scrolls...sometimes the are much usefull then creeps (depends on your situation).my advice is to learn all about chf.
Just want to clarify which task belongs to a blank golem and to a jamie

Blank golem : sustain for farming , units/creep based hero kill supporter ,good for countering rats silence/buffed enemys who stand in a small area ,
mass blank golmes => good for destroying creeps which are dispellable if they stay in a small area

Jamie : life supporter [ might save ur ass /creeps ass ] , stun which is relativ "good" from the beginng to the middle of the game [ not really a hero kill spell , but it can be quite helpful ], great dispell compered to blank golem => good for countering buffed enemys/ creeps who are dispellable [look at black arrow/vegance creeps  ] , if u play in a  1vs1
against a player using vegance it is the best possiblite to defend your base against vegance creeps .
If u want to dispell vegance creeps attacking in other base u need to buy in the most situation a dispell charm.
Reason : the most players using vegance are good [alts/well known players]=> they will kill/counter your jamie fast (for exsample they will silence him with rats)
............................................................................................................................................ .......................................................................................................

Being proud to be not an average"chf ucozer"

MonsterDate: Thursday, 24-Apr-2014, 3:50 PM | Message # 45
Hero
best t1 isnt banshees dumb am

#prayforpalestine

Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » Game Strategy » Wards, Acid, Unholy (Best way to play?)
Search:
Login Form
Search
Make Donation
Latest Posts

CHAT
Social Networking
Our poll - 1
Rate our map
Total of answers: 501
Stats
<