Friday, 29-Mar-2024, 6:06 AM
Logged in as Guest
Group "Guests"

WC3-4Life / Custom Hero Footies!!!

Stoping 2 Hero in CHF - Forum

• Page 1 of 3
  • »
Forum moderator: Bond009  
Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » Balancing Current Game Content » Stoping 2 Hero in CHF
Stoping 2 Hero in CHF
Should i add this to 4.1 so no more 2 hero every again?
1.Yes add it![ 8 ][42.11%]
2.No lets try new XP rate balance first[ 9 ][47.37%]
3.Undecided[ 2 ][10.53%]
Answers total: 19
Bond009Date: Tuesday, 17-Feb-2015, 8:53 PM | Message # 1
Overall Site Owner
Group: The Creator
Awards: 3
I thought of a way to make it so there can no longer be 2 hero teams anymore, but i already kinda made it more balanced as far as hero xp gain rate anyway.. But what i can do it just lock the players screen to the tavern area until they buy their first hero. So they are forced to spend that 1900 gold on a hero at start..

idk if thats the best thing to do or not because it limits possibilities and strats but idk.. what do you guys think.

RosarioVampireZDate: Tuesday, 17-Feb-2015, 9:08 PM | Message # 2
Robotic Ninja
Group: Clan Members
Awards: 0
Quote Bond009 ()
what do you guys think.
For me personally, na.
Quote Bond009 ()
just lock the players screen to the tavern area until they buy their first hero. So they are forced to spend that 1900 gold on a hero at start..
I have feeling this might lead to some bugs in the game.
Just leave the players to have the "freedom" to buy the hero or not. xD
smile

Anyways, I have feeling that this might screw up a lot of things with like classic heros and stuffs.
No thoughts of so much risk for something so trivial ^^

ic3dt3aDate: Tuesday, 17-Feb-2015, 9:20 PM | Message # 3
Robotic Ninja
Group: Investor
Awards: 1
I agree with rosa, it may be buggy, then again it will show new players what to do. Can you make the first hero's price be lowered to 5 gold(start all players with 5 gold each). After this, can you raise the gold requirement to 1900? I'm not sure if that can be coded into it, but wouldn't something like a check if f1 is locked to a hero, then gold for hero2= 1900???

Added (17-Feb-2015, 9:20 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Also, lock pooling until a hero is selected(for this incase someone decides to try to spam click and get 2 heros for 10 gold and then pools the other player back 5 gold to get a hero later in the game, sort of like fallen ones double donation on one base with full shared strategy)

http://chf.ucoz.com/forum/71-3499-61942-16-1396993348

Priest-Of-SinDate: Tuesday, 17-Feb-2015, 9:23 PM | Message # 4
Hero
Group: Users
Quote Bond009 ()
But what i can do it just lock the players screen to the tavern area until they buy their first hero
this will make the game more fair.btw when do you release 4.1?

IM NOT TOTALLY USELESS.....I CAN BE USED AS A BAD EXAMPLE

FirNesSDate: Wednesday, 18-Feb-2015, 5:27 AM | Message # 5
Robotic Ninja
Group: Game Mod
I voted to add it, but I'm not sure at all about what I said. Both issues seem good to me, but Rosa might be right, it mights create some bugs

Adam_CZDate: Wednesday, 18-Feb-2015, 6:08 AM | Message # 6
Robotic Ninja
1 or 2 hero mass is very unfair... i still have replay where some pub win easy game vs 2 full stacked teams (Roystom-Yeferzon-SecretName and Walter-Cesar-Vetealamierda) only because he had 2 hero mass. These 2 hero abusers are always after mass level 8-10 while other teams level 5 (max). Its very hard counter it.

Dont listen to AccCreate when he said "No thoughts of so much risk for something so trivial" because its not trivial, in fact 1-2 hero mass is one of the biggest problems in CHF and we need do something about this. But best solution is really just make it "you dont need gold to buy first hero" so they cant ruin game with priest, aura items, rats etc. Because they will have 0 gold.

Also make it teams with 1-2 hero will not get more experience than teams with 3  heroes. Best solution.

GagamelDate: Wednesday, 18-Feb-2015, 6:39 AM | Message # 7
Hero
Quote Bond009 ()
but i already kinda made it more balanced as far as hero xp gain rate anyway

What exactly did you change about the hero xp gain? because this has not only influence at 2 or 3 heros. It also influnces hero and units (tech) balance.

Added (18-Feb-2015, 6:39 AM)
---------------------------------------------

Quote Adam_CZ ()
Also make it teams with 1-2 hero will not get more experience than teams with 3 heroes. Best solution.

You did not understand how the xp system in wc3 works, did you?

if u play a chess...like u want, u dont play the game u play a game...but not chess -Feelnoob

gigasus91Date: Wednesday, 18-Feb-2015, 7:19 AM | Message # 8
Grunt
try the second option first

BajsHoranDate: Wednesday, 18-Feb-2015, 7:27 AM | Message # 9
Ninja
Group: Game Mod
sounds good... but will test afk still work then. cause if test afk work to get his gold and he is just stuck on that box with no gold im sure people will abuse that to .... or if u can still do ctrl color and spend his gold on tower /up ? if u can prevent that from happen i think its rly cool

Green Man - im so jeallous of ur elo

nzfockrDate: Wednesday, 18-Feb-2015, 7:47 AM | Message # 10
Rifleman
I think the xp rate is fine how it is, the problem is the amount of gold that team gets if 1 person leaves or if you are like gagamel and gives yourself 1900.
maybe if you could delay the purchase of jamies to 3 mins so they cant be used during mass and maybe turn pool off for the first 3 minutes of the game.
That means making -test afk take 3 mins also.

Web-GhostDate: Wednesday, 18-Feb-2015, 10:30 AM | Message # 11
Head Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 1
Quote Bond009 ()
I thought of a way to make it so there can no longer be 2 hero teams anymore, but i already kinda made it more balanced as far as hero xp gain rate anyway.. But what i can do it just lock the players screen to the tavern area until they buy their first hero. So they are forced to spend that 1900 gold on a hero at start.. idk if thats the best thing to do or not because it limits possibilities and strats but idk.. what do you guys think.
try to balance xp thing 
if you add this than if a user who is afk and someone does -test afk his screen will be stuck because he wont have any money to buy hero.
this thing can cuz many bugs because if i buy a 2nd hero i will be send to the screen mode(tavern area) and i wont be able to do anything to defend my base from there.
petty sure it can cuz bugs in ars mode

best thing to do is add it to chf 4.1 b6 me and some web-fans will test it out

[img][/img]

F00ty_R3b0rnDate: Wednesday, 18-Feb-2015, 12:43 PM | Message # 12
Hero
btw when do you release 4.1?

Soon man ><

What exactly did you change about the hero xp gain?

1/ Before to answer might be good to know the answer at this question.
I mean, in 4.1 do you get the same amount of exp if you have 2 or 3 heroes ? What did you fix ?

I'm absolutely not agreed with everyone. 1 or 2 heroes deserve a xp gain bonus. However this should be balanced most as possible.
Most of people didn't understood that the winner of the CHF game will be determinate after mass.
So it means that even if you have 2 heroes and gain the same amount of exp of team with 3 players you have lost even if you start with some extra gold. Because you will end mass lvl 2-3 due to less aoe because only 2 players instead of 3.

Then like everyone knows, you have 3 cases of 2 heroes mass
- Afk player = test afk (can't really be solved)
- Disconnect / lagger (= S1)
- Consciously giving 2 k (solved by ban)

S1 = So I think the best you could make and the easiest (less consuming time..) is to keep the same XP rate as now and to give :
- 1 leaver = 500 gold for THE TEAM (so 250 per players). It allows them just to buy 1 jammy or 1 aura.
- 2 leavers = 700 / 800 gold for THE team (so you alone). It allows the player to buy 1 jammy and 1 rat for example

It's already way better as the actual system when someone leave or disconnect before mass, you get around 1600 gold, here you will only have 500 gold, so it will be way HARDER to win because you couldn't abuse so much of auras creep before mass. Especially if your mate won't pool you the 250 gold he got from disconnect.

S2 = Another solution might be to add an item in tavern (a tavern with a flash color so even pub will click on it). Actually they are 4 taverns but only 3 are needed (2 for codes, 1 for basic). This "item" will cost 1900 gold and allow you to borrow a new hero.
So you know on top right screen you got your amount of gold then wood. Maybe right after you could add a little box with your amount of this item (=number of heroes you could get).
So at start everyone will have 1 in this box.

About to lock screen Rosa, icd3 and other already answered pretty well i think. Wouldn't be a good idea to add it and consuming time. What we want is a new version, with several strategies instead of creep, creep, and creep.

2/ However like I said the winner of CHF game is determinate after mass. And 2 heroes mass is abosultely NOT the main issue to balance mass !!!
The main issue are CURRENT spells.
For now they are like only 10 good spells. It's decrease the amount of strategies A LOT.

I don't like most of new spells because they don't bring new strat also they are very hard to balance. For example charge dash and sky impact. Those spells are basically a combo of AOE / stun / blink. It makes it very hard to balance properly and if it is, it would never be used because less efficient than a current aoe.
Also I don't understood why you added arctic storm while locust swarm hasn't been buffed. And those spells flood a lot. Just imagine severals Sky, dash, arctic in a game. It will be totally unplayable.

This is not the case of final blast and magic mirror armor who bring something to next version !

Actually, If you want to win mass, you HAVE TO get flamestrike and serpent. Nothing else.

I really don't understand how Flamestrike (=FS) can hit 50 % hp of 1 footmen AT lvl 1 !!! And then kill it entierely at lvl 7. This spell does the same job as an AOE lvl 16. And it hasn't been nerfed properly in 4.1 ! Nerf a spell properly doesn't mean to make him useless in next version !
The spells that deserve to really rape mass because they are hard to use and not instant are for example rain of fire, buff blizzard lvl 1 and mybe a little bit lvl 2, rockets, etc.

So here just few ideas, I already made a full detailed doc :
- Breath of fire : This can't really be buffed because then it would rape building but to make this spell efficient might be good to buff dmg early lvl to lvl up easier and reduce coold down (same as nova). It could work like nova a bit.
- Rockets : Need buff lvl 1 / 2 at least. Then with a good range rockets could be very useful
- Drunken haze : Would be good if this would work like acid. Acid does DPS and reduce armor. This spell could DPS and decrease speed / miss chance attack

I don't understand why you refuse any help especially at that point. There is no point for me to betray you or something.

Current CHF APM ! The Legend is R3b0Rn !
http://imageshack.com/a/img401/3523/vzsc.png

Message edited by F00ty_R3b0rn - Wednesday, 18-Feb-2015, 1:00 PM

AL_GIDate: Wednesday, 18-Feb-2015, 5:01 PM | Message # 13
Zombie Pirate
4.1 won't even be released so this thread is not useful

Call me "GOD”

︻芫══一 (—_—)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bond009Date: Wednesday, 18-Feb-2015, 9:12 PM | Message # 14
Overall Site Owner
Group: The Creator
Awards: 3
Quote Adam_CZ ()
But best solution is really just make it "you dont need gold to buy first hero" so they cant ruin game with priest, aura items, rats etc. Because they will have 0 gold.

wasnt really an option to do
Quote Adam_CZ ()
Also make it teams with 1-2 hero will not get more experience than teams with 3 heroes. Best solution.

yes
Quote BajsHoran ()
sounds good... but will test afk still work then. cause if test afk work to get his gold and he is just stuck on that box with no gold im sure people will abuse that to .... or if u can still do ctrl color and spend his gold on tower /up ? if u can prevent that from happen i think its rly cool

yea ill have to think that out and see if i can close all those loop holes

RosarioVampireZDate: Wednesday, 18-Feb-2015, 9:22 PM | Message # 15
Robotic Ninja
Quote Bond009 ()
Also make it teams with 1-2 hero will not get more experience than teams with 3 heroes. Best solution.yes
Hey Bond.
I do seriously believe 1-2 hero still needs exp advantage.
Otherwise, the game would literally be rigged if you have an afker.

What I am trying to say is...
1-2 hero should still have exp advantage but FAR less than it is now. F00ty's idea doesn't sound so bad about the 1-2 hero nerfing.

Quote Bond009 ()
and see if i can close all those loop holes
GL with that lol

Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » Balancing Current Game Content » Stoping 2 Hero in CHF
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search:
Login Form
Search
Make Donation
Latest Posts

CHAT
Social Networking
Our poll - 1
Rate our map
Total of answers: 501