Thursday, 25-Apr-2024, 2:55 PM
Logged in as Guest
Group "Guests"

WC3-4Life / Custom Hero Footies!!!

The Egg. - Page 3 - Forum

Forum moderator: Cheesy-Gordia  
Forum » Entertainment Discussion » Reading is FUNdamental » The Egg. (You were on your way home when you died...)
The Egg.
LittleBDate: Thursday, 07-Apr-2011, 4:21 PM | Message # 31
Robotic Ninja
Group: Clan Members
Awards: 0
Quote (Trixxareforkids)
not religious at all

Dude are you on crack?

TrixxareforkidsDate: Thursday, 07-Apr-2011, 4:37 PM | Message # 32
Zombie Pirate
Group: Investor
Awards: 3
Religious
Relating to or manifesting faithful devotion to an acknowledged ultimate reality or deity <a religious person> <religious attitudes>

Theological
The study of religious faith, practice, and experience; especially: the study of God and of God's relation to the world

They're two different words. The story isn't crafted around any specific belief system, only around the relation of man and God to the world.

"being admin on a forum is NOT a super power" - lSpiderl

"CHF BECAMED SUCK S" - yan

"CHF has been my childhood. It actually defined lots of my childhood." - RosarioVampireZ

LittleBDate: Thursday, 07-Apr-2011, 5:39 PM | Message # 33
Robotic Ninja
ik... but this has to religion obviously

lolbladeDate: Thursday, 07-Apr-2011, 6:54 PM | Message # 34
Pirate
Group: Users
religion is when u believe in a specific god like i dunno... but if u believe there is a higher being (kinda like god) but u dont specifically start giving he/she names THAt is what this story is bout... its not giving u a definitive way to view god

gosh littleb calm down and ignore this thread i u gonna argue over a simple piece of literature that has a very deep meaning

sig in construction

lspiderlDate: Friday, 08-Apr-2011, 0:14 AM | Message # 35
Site Manager
Group: Administrators
Awards: 1
um trixx the auther even stated it was hindu influenced even though he wasnt hindu so im gonna have to say your wrong on that .. however theres noting wrong with an auther using hindu ideals to write a story

I suffer from a condition called dislexix disgraphia so please parden my spelling and typographical errors

TrixxareforkidsDate: Friday, 08-Apr-2011, 5:49 AM | Message # 36
Zombie Pirate
Reading comprehension, Spidey...he never states that it's Hindu-influenced; it's only the opinion of the 'you' in the story that it was. To this statement, 'God' replies that all religions are right in their own way. Does he make a statement prefacing his prose that disclaims any influences on the story? No. And the Hindu religion isn't the only one that believes in reincarnation. So please, go back and read the story.

"CHF has been my childhood. It actually defined lots of my childhood." - RosarioVampireZ

LittleBDate: Friday, 08-Apr-2011, 11:14 AM | Message # 37
Robotic Ninja
Quote (lolblade)
religion is when u believe in a specific god like i dunno... but if u believe there is a higher being (kinda like god) but u dont specifically start giving he/she names THAt is what this story is bout... its not giving u a definitive way to view god
gosh littleb calm down and ignore this thread i u gonna argue over a simple piece of literature that has a very deep meaning

u think idk ? no wonder ppl - ur rep every time

xMoNsTeRRRDate: Friday, 08-Apr-2011, 12:24 PM | Message # 38
Zombie Pirate
Group: Banned Users
Regardless of all factors, this story has a profound meaning hidden between it's lines. Sadly, some people may not see it. All in all, Bryan is retarded so arguing with him is just a way to pass time.

this account is currently being shared by xmonsterrr and cyray. if i say something nice, its probably cyray so please disregard it.

Message edited by xMoNsTeRRR - Friday, 08-Apr-2011, 12:38 PM

LittleBDate: Friday, 08-Apr-2011, 4:26 PM | Message # 39
Robotic Ninja
xmonsterr, why did u call urself retarded?

lspiderlDate: Friday, 08-Apr-2011, 7:24 PM | Message # 40
Site Manager
Quote (Trixxareforkids)
Reading comprehension, Spidey...he never states that it's Hindu-influenced; it's only the opinion of the 'you' in the story that it was. To this statement, 'God' replies that all religions are right in their own way. Does he make a statement prefacing his prose that disclaims any influences on the story? No. And the Hindu religion isn't the only one that believes in reincarnation. So please, go back and read the story.

Quote (TangerineSky)
furthmore hes not hindu, allthough the story is based on one of the teachings of Bhagvad-Gita, the holy book of the Hindus. but like the story suggests, all religions are right in their own way as well as sharing similaritys.

I suffer from a condition called dislexix disgraphia so please parden my spelling and typographical errors

TrixxareforkidsDate: Friday, 08-Apr-2011, 8:31 PM | Message # 41
Zombie Pirate
Nice copy and paste! You're really good at arguing your points. While I'm not discounting what Tange had said, the fact remains that the author has never revealed his inspirations for the short story. That leaves it open to interpretation - to some extent. The concept of reincarnation inplied by the story is actually quite different than Hindu reincarnation.

AntyoneDate: Friday, 08-Apr-2011, 8:48 PM | Message # 42
Development Director

lspiderlDate: Friday, 08-Apr-2011, 10:40 PM | Message # 43
Site Manager
Quote (Trixxareforkids)
Nice copy and paste! You're really good at arguing your points. While I'm not discounting what Tange had said, the fact remains that the author has never revealed his inspirations for the short story. That leaves it open to interpretation - to some extent. The concept of reincarnation inplied by the story is actually quite different than Hindu reincarnation.

and the fact remains its has Numerous hindu underpinnings and you have absolutely NO valid argument that its NOT hindu influenced and your nonsensical statement that its blatantly NOt hindu influenced is simply absurd

no ones saying the guy IS hindu or that he is preaching hindu doctorine its simply crystal clear that the BASIS of the story was influenced by Hindu ideas and the expanded upon and altered to suite the authors desires

the fact is that while its definately NOT a religious story the core idea was influenced by hindu ideals and altered to make a very cool and deep point

TrixxareforkidsDate: Friday, 08-Apr-2011, 11:10 PM | Message # 44
Zombie Pirate
You are actually so ignorant. Hindu reincarnation is based on the concept of karma, wherein one's next life is determined by their good or bad karma in the life they just left. Reincarnation in this story can much more accurately be compared to Taoism, wherein the soul simply migrates to another life after death. In fact, that's almost the exact situation presented in the story... So much for my 'nonsensical argument'.

I can't believe you, honestly. I'm quite sure you could find this on the Internet in a couple of clicksx but instead you neglect to take the effort and instead post up your ignorance.

lspiderlDate: Friday, 08-Apr-2011, 11:15 PM | Message # 45
Site Manager
and you apparently dont have a clue what INFLUENCED means DUH no shit hindu reincarnation is differnt but where do you think he got teh IDEA for reincanation to begin with ? what the hell do you think the overall MEANING to the story is its a direct parralell conseptualy to karma but rather than accualy admining your clueless you spout gibberish and throw insults needlessly

its not my fault you have a DRAMATIC lack in reading comprehinsion and cant grasp the most BASIC of meanings to words and there use in a sentence but its clear you are simply trolling and its NOT acceptable

additionaly TAOISM is a BLanket term for a miriad of minor beleifs and spiritualistic ideal and is NOT a religion and does NOT have any one set rule of beleif so no you couldnt be more WRONG or clueless on this topic

Forum » Entertainment Discussion » Reading is FUNdamental » The Egg. (You were on your way home when you died...)
Search:
Login Form
Search
Make Donation
Latest Posts

CHAT
Social Networking
Our poll - 1
Rate our map
Total of answers: 501
Stats
<