Tuesday, 07-May-2024, 7:55 PM
Logged in as Guest
Group "Guests"

WC3-4Life / Custom Hero Footies!!!

Best Idea to kEEp New Players - Page 2 - Forum

Forum moderator: Bond009, Random260, Cou, Bio-AssAUlt  
Forum » Host Bots » Hosting Bots » Best Idea to kEEp New Players (Random Teams. Always.)
Best Idea to kEEp New Players
Cheesy-GordiaDate: Friday, 24-Jun-2011, 12:45 PM | Message # 16
Robotic Ninja
Group: Users
Awards: 3
A drag is a challenge, because you got more to focus on.

I hate this n***a actin like jesus - SOUNDWAVES

You don't are pro - Adam_CZ

HashDate: Friday, 24-Jun-2011, 2:08 PM | Message # 17
Pirate
Awards: 0
I have played with pubs more and more recently, and I can tell you that it is at the same time chalenging and annoying. I don't even want to swap people anymore, too many people complaint about being swapped, so I am trying to stay away from that issue.

Bond009Date: Friday, 24-Jun-2011, 2:16 PM | Message # 18
Overall Site Owner
Group: The Creator
My game has become what DotA is... sad

No new players will ever come and stick with it because the veterans all get so mad at inexperienced players..and yell at them till they leave.. :/

I myself admit to doing this before but it was a semi clan game with so many names i knew so the competitiveness was high and i was just so frustrated and wanted them to step it up so bad that i told them to do certain things and share control so much that they ended up just leaving (and i was so happy they finally left at the time).. I did this on a different name a while back and i can only remember being that bad that 1 time but still.. that player i made leave probably wont play again..

Its like new players that play dota.. they get shamed down so bad and have a bad experience and impression of the game and ppl and they say 'fuck it' and dont come back..
Soon it gets the rep that bah dont play that game everyone takes it too seriously and will insta ban you if your new and yell at you if you suck etc etc.. Theres no harm in taking the game serious.. I do too, 'sometimes more than others' it depends on the game.

Anyway i understand how easy it is to get mad at new players but most often its probably not worth it, becuz if you vs a good team by yourself or something that team beats you they probably already know you dont have much of a chance if your out numbered and dont look down on you for it anyway.. because lets face it sometimes having the right pub on your team is like having a baby on the battle field to watch over while you fight..

Anyway.. ClanHPMM is where its at now and while sometimes random ppl will out step their limits a little bit probably most of them are pretty good and pubs still join it..
BondBot will be coming back in a new way. It will be the pub safe bot with very very few admins on it, the admins on that bot will just be care takers of it. It will be the public bot everyone is an equal on.
That way everything has fair ground and all the clan members dont have to lose their admin on HPMM. Its really the only way that everyone can be happy.. and everyone can have their cake and eat it too..

Cheesy-GordiaDate: Friday, 24-Jun-2011, 2:23 PM | Message # 19
Robotic Ninja
Quote (Bond009)
have their cake and eat it too..

And it eat too :p.

But reading that, nothing against it. 100% agreed

ok ok ok newrus newrus yahoo ohyes ohyes

I hate this n***a actin like jesus - SOUNDWAVES

You don't are pro - Adam_CZ

KinGDate: Friday, 24-Jun-2011, 3:21 PM | Message # 20
Grunt
Group: Clan Members
Awards: 1
I was thinking along a little bit of a different lines bondage i was thinking you should make a chf final because its getting to crazy with OP donation so if you could balance it and then i was thinking ** kings great ideas XD if you made it so there is no pre teaming no pre strat's if the teams were chosen randomly XD then no one can cry and admin means shit * also i was thinking we could link it up to paypal make it 5 dollars a game and winner takes all (minus Bondage taxes for being a genius pimp map creator) love ya bond more food for thought

I'm still winning ....... Like charlie sheen

HashDate: Friday, 24-Jun-2011, 3:23 PM | Message # 21
Pirate
Bond! I love you , you are such a sweet guy. I am happy that big sis found you smile yahoo yahoo yahoo tongue Now we will be able to have a lot more good players since they all have the chance to practice tongue

NjagDate: Friday, 24-Jun-2011, 3:26 PM | Message # 22
Hero
Group: Investor
Awards: 2
SSm your crazy. That would totally kill the game. Most of the people that play couldn't afford to bet money on every game. Maybe if there was a seperate bot that people cou8ld wager on that might work.

I make custom sigs for free / if you are a friend. Gimme a shoutout and i 'll hook you up.

lspiderlDate: Friday, 24-Jun-2011, 3:57 PM | Message # 23
Site Manager
Group: Administrators
Quote (Bond009)
My game has become what DotA is...

No new players will ever come and stick with it because the veterans all get so mad at inexperienced players..and yell at them till they leave.. :/

this is exactly what i was warning you about when fallen first started coming around and pushing his 1337 clan crap

I suffer from a condition called dislexix disgraphia so please parden my spelling and typographical errors

NjagDate: Friday, 24-Jun-2011, 4:36 PM | Message # 24
Hero
Awards: 2
Quote (lspiderl)
this is exactly what i was warning you about when fallen first started coming around and pushing his 1337 clan crap

Listen it happenes to any good game. It's called pros!!

When the game baseball 1st came to play. People weren't pros they just started but as the game became fun / famous Only pros play the "real" baseball anymore. That is waht happenes except it for what it is. People like the game enought they will tough it out pratice against the pros and become good themselves and one day be considered a pro. That's the way I had to it, so should they.

I make custom sigs for free / if you are a friend. Gimme a shoutout and i 'll hook you up.

lspiderlDate: Friday, 24-Jun-2011, 6:11 PM | Message # 25
Site Manager
Group: Administrators
yeah except little leugers arent called every name in the book for simply playing and having funa nd learning the game

and whenever theres a pro's vs joe's game the pro's do everything to incourage the others to keep playin and having fun

while in dota and whats happening here the so called "pro's" do everything in teh power to harras , berate ,and belittle the average players and newbies to get them to stop playing

I suffer from a condition called dislexix disgraphia so please parden my spelling and typographical errors

a_chinese_kidDate: Friday, 24-Jun-2011, 6:44 PM | Message # 26
Robotic Ninja
The only people i am willing to help with anything are the kids that arent ignorant shits, arent nonlearners, arent annoying, and i wanna help kids i see potential with and kids that remind me of my self or other people other wise I will TK

Hamish_WestDate: Friday, 24-Jun-2011, 8:55 PM | Message # 27
Noob
Group: New Users
Njag that was exactly why I said it could be turned off for clan matches, but you can't keep having pros if there are no noobs to become pros. That is why baseball has been around for more than one generation.
The other day you joined a game I had been waiting in with a friend for about 15 mins, you switched my off t1 just because you hadnt played with me before. If I was new and you switched me off a team with my friend just so you could get someone better (incidentally you got someone with about 3 games played) it would make me not play again. Its exactly the kind of thing i'm talking about.
I've been trying to think of a way to implement this and I think a compulsory vote at the start could sort it. Basically an in game shuffle if not enough people want the set teams. This would mean that admins could stack teams all they like, but unless there are 2 full teams of stacked players then it will shuffle, making a more fair game (probably). I don't have anything against stacking teams when there are two full clan teams which is why I think this would work.

SOUNDWAVESDate: Saturday, 25-Jun-2011, 7:17 AM | Message # 28
Ninja
There are a few systems that isnt good for random team and new players.
When I first played this game I didnt shared and pooled money. after mass just got raped and fed to other teams.
and someone built cannon in front of my base and I was like WHAT A STUPID GAME. and I stopped this game.
after few month later I was ranked randome team no.1 in asia server and got bored at ladder.
I was shammy of ladder clan and was looking for some good custom game with my clan ppls. we joined together
and it was SSD mode and we went hk build and we pwned. cuz we played as team. although we didnt get beast scroll before mass.
we didnt know what is scroll what is rat and why should we build cannon untill someone teach me.
After few games later I figured out this game's system and mechanism

#1 Dont give any single gold before mass.
lets start all without scroll and rat. It sounds like stupid but at least rookie can start game in a fair and square
no scroll mass can make game slow then give beast scroll effect to every units during first mass.

#2 Upgrading to next tier base should take some minutes
Its hard to counter mass pool rush or 2 hero starts.
Reason is simple. ppl have to face high tier units without preparation.
I made Dark units in a 14 mins by mass pool also I-connect made it in a 15mins.
So what does ppl can do when they face dark units in a 15~ 20 mins?
I have a mass pool team build with some specific mechanism that havent countered yet. even in inhouse.
I had to hear lots of pro players crying.
Whatever my point is pooling should be allowed but also each of lv2 lv3 lv4 l5 tiering should take some minutes.
so ppl can have some little bit more preparation time for not to lose game in a short time.
It's easy to take feed from random pub team. in a early time just send some upgraded tier2 units and sit in there . that's all

On the other hand. like vex said changing to other race(same tier) shouldnt cost money and time.

#3 Some skills and creeps are really Unbalanced
I've mentioned about this so many times. so no comment.
Every skills have to be given their right place to work. But it isnt. There is only good and bad. So this is why I dont like ARS.
experienced players knows what is good skill and what is bad skill.
This skill choice makes much more gap between experienced players and new players.

#4 Let only red who have stats code can make ARS mode.
Some people who dont have their build like johnsmith. these kind of players always making ARS and SSD.
and this combined mode makes ppl leave this game. Let 25 or 50 win stats red can make vote for ARS
People are joinning this game because you can CUSTOMIZE YOUR OWN HERO. And also this is why I started this game.

Well nobody will care about what I wrote avove but I just wrote it in new players's point of view.
plus keeping new players are very important but also keeping old players are important too.
so give some change and challenge.

Rest in Peace Rookies

Message edited by soundwave - Saturday, 25-Jun-2011, 7:21 AM

2DaYuDiEDate: Saturday, 25-Jun-2011, 8:32 AM | Message # 29
Ninja
nice ideas sound ^^
especially newt got way too overpowered in early game (50 armor+upgradeable+spell reduce going with usefull spells) and new players cant find any way to beat these
but i really dont see why you would stack teams against pubs... do u feel like u have achieved something afther 15 mins of pub-ownage?
also i think when an admin joins in the bot he shouldnt be put automatically on red spot. i suggest u change this like weed-bot, so teams dont get auto-stacked already
and most of all... be nice to noobs instead of teamkilling them. if u ask their gold they will just be ennoyed and feel useless and sometimes dont give it. if u explain what it is for (and he understands english) he shud normally listen

Bond009Date: Saturday, 25-Jun-2011, 4:18 PM | Message # 30
Overall Site Owner
Group: The Creator
yeah some good ideas, as for making tiering take time i cant do that really becuz they sec you tier up even before the base is done upgrading it already starts spawning that tiers units becuz once you start the upgrade the game already see's it as that new buiding.

as for making ars take wins to call a vote that is easy i will do that

ill try and make some un-used skills more valuable

and also ill make newts have a longer start stock delay now as they were added to be a counter to maulers and stuff like that mostly and you dont have to worry about maulers until about 10 mins of game time anyway.. so your right in early game those creeps are very op.

Forum » Host Bots » Hosting Bots » Best Idea to kEEp New Players (Random Teams. Always.)
Search:
Login Form
Search
Make Donation
Latest Posts

CHAT
Social Networking
Our poll - 1
Rate our map
Total of answers: 501
Stats
<