Friday, 29-Mar-2024, 9:44 AM
Logged in as Guest
Group "Guests"

WC3-4Life / Custom Hero Footies!!!

Help to newbies and trained players - Forum

• Page 1 of 7
  • »
Forum moderator: Bond009  
Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » Game Strategy » Help to newbies and trained players (You can ask any questions about the game here.)
Help to newbies and trained players
Master-HeroDate: Saturday, 18-Feb-2012, 3:30 AM | Message # 1
Legacy Staff
Group: Clan Members
Awards: 2
Okay guys. Cheesy has offered to help anyone who have questions about the game. The questions could be like:
"How do I counter golems?"
"What is a good tech build?"
"What hero is the fastes caster?"
"How do I kill a ToT easiest?"

I think you got point. People are of course able to discuss Cheey's point of view, but please respect each others opinions. And no flame!

Inactive mod.

CouDate: Saturday, 18-Feb-2012, 3:57 AM | Message # 2
Head Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 4
I R wise Cou learn from others. ^^

haha k, I got a question. How do you counter mass pooled granite golem and you have pub team mates? I solo alone in most game play until I'm done with laddering but I usually dont have a problem taking out a granite with good team mates as we coordinate attacks and build arcane towers but with pub allies that don't really communicate parsae, how would you counter a granite? I usually go tech builds which by then a granite mass pooled usually by alts sometimes or players that are confident in their game play would take me by surprise and get a granite and take out my tier 2 units lol. Sometimes if I do an oncoming granite I'd pick yamato, mr or bs but even then Im too lower levelled to do anything or they get recall lol. I don't have problems with strats but granite is just one of those counters that pop up time to time that I have trouble countering.

Question 2: My next question is how do you counter one-based dono? It's definitely a fun innovative and creative strat but Because allies share the same base, they share the same gold and easily tier up to 2 quickly and up HP while I'd be level 6 just after the first 8 mins of gameplay. By the time tomes are ready then the team based donos would have racked up a stronger HP army, with wards and towers etc. Then 20- 25 mins into the game, a tot is up with t 3 lol. No joke haha and I'd be level 12 or 14 and those aoes wouldn't be enough to kill the t 2 units itself ha.

Legendary Team All Starz pack: http://chf.ucoz.com/forum/49-3291-1

FirNesSDate: Saturday, 18-Feb-2012, 4:21 AM | Message # 3
Robotic Ninja
Group: Game Mod
Awards: 0
To counter donation, you need to have one aoe at least, and just buy one invu potion and mega beam canon, an that's it. wink

RosarioVampireZDate: Saturday, 18-Feb-2012, 4:23 AM | Message # 4
Robotic Ninja
Quote (Fir)
To counter donation, you need to have one aoe at least, and just buy one invu potion and mega beam canon, an that's it.

Question of the day:

How do you afford mega beam with a team of 2 pubs when ur lvl 3 in mass? Not trying to troll u, but its an actual quesiton.

Also, how do u counter donation with 2 heros who has tier 3 right after mass with over 1k hp and +10 def?
and u lost mass (ur lvl 2 with 200 gold and 2 pubs)

Message edited by RosarioVampireZ - Saturday, 18-Feb-2012, 4:24 AM

Cheesy-GordiaDate: Saturday, 18-Feb-2012, 4:33 AM | Message # 5
Robotic Ninja
Group: Users
Awards: 3
Its cool seeing this in progress but do try to simplify questions.

Supporting your questions with replays or screenshots would be even better to see what you should be doing or should have done

Also I will not answer trivial like questions (ask helebot) or questions regarding mechanics themselves (ask bond) of the game.
Trolling will be ignored (Ie extremely stupid questions or you being a douche)
Be specific with your questions if it is regarding an answer you seek because of what happened to you last game or a couple of games ago
Replays and screenshots help me alot
You are allowed to answer some of these questions yourselves, but expect an answer regarding your opinion as well.
Any questions regarding things I do not really plant with (IE 1v1) I will tell you who can answer that for you.

I hate this n***a actin like jesus - SOUNDWAVES

You don't are pro - Adam_CZ

Message edited by Cheesy-Gordia - Sunday, 19-Feb-2012, 8:42 PM

FirNesSDate: Saturday, 18-Feb-2012, 4:41 AM | Message # 6
Robotic Ninja
Group: Game Mod
Rosa : in this case, no way to win, can't do anything.

RosarioVampireZDate: Saturday, 18-Feb-2012, 4:50 AM | Message # 7
Robotic Ninja
Quote (Fir)
Rosa : in this case, no way to win, can't do anything.

cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Why u ruin my childhood??? :!!?!

kk, thx

Cheesy-GordiaDate: Saturday, 18-Feb-2012, 4:51 AM | Message # 8
Robotic Ninja
Quote (Cou)
haha k, I got a question. How do you counter mass pooled granite golem and you have pub team mates? I solo alone in most game play until I'm done with laddering but I usually dont have a problem taking out a granite with good team mates as we coordinate attacks and build arcane towers but with pub allies that don't really communicate parsae, how would you counter a granite? I usually go tech builds which by then a granite mass pooled usually by alts sometimes or players that are confident in their game play would take me by surprise and get a granite and take out my tier 2 units lol. Sometimes if I do an oncoming granite I'd pick yamato, mr or bs but even then Im too lower levelled to do anything or they get recall lol. I don't have problems with strats but granite is just one of those counters that pop up time to time that I have trouble countering.

Usually people would get this when that team is level 6-10. Now just by looking at their levels you can see they are trying to farm and not be too aggressive. Thats a general rule of thumb with any granite user, especially in the early game process, to not be aggressive because if they are they'll just piss away a good 3.5k. If you know the granite users style of play and he is slow with reactions or is in general unprepared/unorganized with everything he does, its a sure bet you can take it out alone even with pub teammates. if they share you and have lets say yamato or tt, idc if they get mad cuz its about you saving your teams ass and doing that will. However if it is a team who can mix the ingredients well together, Im assuming this team would have members you already know of. Again the more you know about the user the better. Now what I would usually do lets say if this was FTLS team doing this shit against me (and I did do this as a counter) for the granite golem problem. 2 newts and whatever the hell else that is good for countering it. Newts have tons of magic resistance so they will be around for awhile and anything out of common sense will do. Ftl was level 6 when they tried this against me (1 level ahead) I saved up for two newts, 3 batriders and 2 golems. The batriders were for their war golems and the rest you know what it was. Now If you're vsing my team when we do this..... Idk LOL

Quote (Cou)
Question 2: My next question is how do you counter one-based dono? It's definitely a fun innovative and creative strat but Because allies share the same base, they share the same gold and easily tier up to 2 quickly and up HP while I'd be level 6 just after the first 8 mins of gameplay. By the time tomes are ready then the team based donos would have racked up a stronger HP army, with wards and towers etc. Then 20- 25 mins into the game, a tot is up with t 3 lol. No joke haha and I'd be level 12 or 14 and those aoes wouldn't be enough to kill the t 2 units itself ha.

Usually you should be able to sniff shit like this at the start of the game. Just seeing 3 heroes of the same colour chose different builds and coming out is always a guarantee they are planning something that could get them a hell of an income. Now assuming they are known (lets take apf as an example) they will each have a stun and go heavy on the defense. This means they wont go out a hefty ton once they are level 6 since hey they got dono, no reason too and if they do they will guaranteed get harassed and they will need to waste money on pots. This is an advantage for you for you too farm alone without any disturbance from them. However don't leave that team be for too long or you're looking for a long fucking game. After you reach a level where you can basically one hit footmen, start harassing the living asshole out of them, if you're smart and make the right moves, they should not have even reached tier 3 by the time you're a strong level. What I like to do after knowing "bullshit will happen" I go a very very aggressive build. My favorite to eating up mass amounts of units is firestorm and forked lightning. Reason being forked takes their hp down hard and firestorm does insane DPS. Next I would pick is transmute, general rule of thumb for any dono player is too not get too excited with the upgrades or else you won't be making much of a profit. This means they wont be aggressive at all with the donation. And if they get tier 3, gg for them u got mute AND 2 nukes (most likely).

And if you are doing well vs this, get a granite AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

Quote (Fir)
To counter donation, you need to have one aoe at least, and just buy one invu potion and mega beam canon, an that's it.

As much as I always loved this theory, mega beam sucks. The area effect of it is too tiny for its price. Do no waste your money on this ever.

Quote (RosarioVampireZ)
How do you afford mega beam with a team of 2 pubs when ur lvl 3 in mass? Not trying to troll u, but its an actual quesiton.

If you do the math right, you shouldn't even have 3000 gold as a team if you're only level 3... Ill look into it but no offense to me this question is abit retarded tongue

Quote (RosarioVampireZ)
Also, how do u counter donation with 2 heros who has tier 3 right after mass with over 1k hp and +10 def?
and u lost mass (ur lvl 2 with 200 gold and 2 pubs)

Okay im gonna drop a truth bomb on ya. If you even let that happen (even if they have 2 hero) u gotta step up your game hardcore. Or this game was just unlucky. Sorry to say but my answer too this is you're fucked.

Message edited by Cheesy-Gordia - Saturday, 18-Feb-2012, 4:59 AM

RosarioVampireZDate: Saturday, 18-Feb-2012, 5:01 AM | Message # 9
Robotic Ninja
Quote (Cheesy-Gordia)
Okay im gonna drop a truth bomb on ya. If you even let that happen (even if they have 2 hero) u gotta step up your game hardcore. Or this game was just unlucky. Sorry to say but my answer too this is you're fucked.

Asked the question to hear that from u (made my day!)

Now how do u counter 3 serpent wards in 1 team and 3 chim and 3 bears with endurance/tizmeh/unholy in ssd? Its freaking impossible to survive high lvl serpents (like 40 of them) in ur base.
(This is ssd 300 percent where apf somehow managed to go lvl 16 after mass because of sheep in mass) and i was in opposite side so no rat on them...

Added (2012-02-18, 6:01 AM)
---------------------------------------------
and i had 2 pubs who stayed with halpmeh..
BOND REMOVE THIS FREAKING RETARDED HERO

Cheesy-GordiaDate: Saturday, 18-Feb-2012, 5:05 AM | Message # 10
Robotic Ninja
Quote (RosarioVampireZ)
Asked the question to hear that from u (made my day!)

Now how do u counter 3 serpent wards in 1 team and 3 chim and 3 bears with endurance/tizmeh/unholy in ssd? Its freaking impossible to survive high lvl serpents (like 40 of them) in ur base.
(This is ssd 300 percent where apf somehow managed to go lvl 16 after mass because of sheep in mass) and i was in opposite side so no rat on them...

Its a good question, but I stopped taking it seriously after the word seeing the term SSD because SSD is not mean't to be extremely balanced. SSD is like saints row the third, a copy cat of GTA but it is much more comical than GTA.

However I will answer still. Now Im just gonna ignore the sheep part and pretend that never happened. Ill imagine this as a 3 hero scenario. What you should do (if you see this strategy in the first place being picked in the shop) in ssd game, infact every single ssd game you play always strive for this, ranged agility mauler for sure if you even cross a ranged agility hero during repicks. Tichmez (this is a must must must)/trueshot (or crit) and dshield. Get lightspeed (damage and armour ofc...) and mask of death (lifesteal :D)and you should be able to handle this no problem because ranged agility maulers in ssd are the most OP thing in the world next to the strategy you listed. So use it and abuse it. AND ALWAYS APPLY PRESSURE TO THAT PEER TEAM, OR YOU ARE FUUUUUUUUUUCKED.

Aoes are not strong vs that strategy, and the reason to not go melee mauler is because you can't hit air, even if you buy the orb its only 1 at a time, you need those chims down ASAP.

Message edited by Cheesy-Gordia - Saturday, 18-Feb-2012, 5:09 AM

RosarioVampireZDate: Saturday, 18-Feb-2012, 5:10 AM | Message # 11
Robotic Ninja
Another question:

What are all the win code heros
50 to 1k, list them all

Cheesy-GordiaDate: Saturday, 18-Feb-2012, 5:13 AM | Message # 12
Robotic Ninja
Quote (RosarioVampireZ)
Another question:

What are all the win code heros
50 to 1k, list them all

win hero 50: I
win hero 75: Don't
win hero 100: Fucking
win hero 125: Care
Win hero 150: About
Win hero 175: That
Win hero 200: Because
Win hero 250: it
Win hero 300: is
Win hero 350: irrelevant
Win hero 400: to
Win hero 500: the
Win hero 1000: Thread!

Message edited by Cheesy-Gordia - Saturday, 18-Feb-2012, 5:14 AM

RosarioVampireZDate: Saturday, 18-Feb-2012, 5:17 AM | Message # 13
Robotic Ninja
But this thread is for asking questions... -_-

kk. Another one:

How do you counter against granite golem (mass pooled) user who has 3 bolts <= APF
and u got no mr, etc.

those bolts r4ped by newts... and heros..

Cheesy-GordiaDate: Saturday, 18-Feb-2012, 5:18 AM | Message # 14
Robotic Ninja
Quote (RosarioVampireZ)
How do you counter against granite golem (mass pooled) user who has 3 bolts <= APF
and u got no mr, etc.

those bolts r4ped by newts... and heros..

Plz specify build, because I can't speak something like this for every situation this happens.

But in a general sense of view. If you see at the start a team like apf pick triple bolt, expect utter aggressiveness. Generally you would want too make frost towers/multi shot tower asap. Now since this question is directly towards APF useage Im gonna talk about how to counter their shit. APF lag hardcore, take as much advantage of this as you can. They are stupid (no offense to them) take advantage lol. SLOW REACTIONS, TAKE ADVANTAGE OF EVERY FLAW ABOUT THEM. Now the golem. Again stick with my towers comment, since apf does not tend to support their golem well, obviously you can get 2 newts, 2 golems, and boom golem gone. This strategy is best with a bear/aura build since the normal golems will scare them off and the bears can DPS the golem to death.

Now reading your comment, all same build and no aoe on them first off one of my concerns is how the hell did they gather 3,5k. Second off since they have 0 aoe this means $$$ for you. You said you had phoenix and wardens, this should benefit you even more with the newt. Now seeing and knowing your builds, Im guessing for a fact you guys had frost towers right?, anyways 2 newts, 2 golems, harass the normal golem, at the same time, harass APF heroes so they waste their heals on themselves and not the golem and also waste their mana and maybe even kill em if you can. Once they retreat, the golem is abandoned, ultis, golems, newts, tower power. 3.5 pissed away gg.

Message edited by Cheesy-Gordia - Saturday, 18-Feb-2012, 5:33 AM

RosarioVampireZDate: Saturday, 18-Feb-2012, 5:23 AM | Message # 15
Robotic Ninja
I had 1 pub and Lep smile

Lep's build
nova, serpent ward, unholy
ult: pheonix

My build
Serpent ward, nova, cold strike
ult: warden

Pub's build
evasion, int aura thing, and mana drain aura thing

apf's build
ALL SAME
bolt, holy light (lep and me undead liches and undead bond..), windwalk

Added (2012-02-18, 6:23 AM)
---------------------------------------------
We were skeletal mages (trying out bond's update) with 12 attack
(they died in like 1 shot and did like 20 to 30 dmg)

Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » Game Strategy » Help to newbies and trained players (You can ask any questions about the game here.)
  • Page 1 of 7
  • »
Search:
Login Form
Search
Make Donation
Latest Posts

CHAT
Social Networking
Our poll - 1
Rate our map
Total of answers: 501