Thursday, 02-May-2024, 4:41 PM
Logged in as Guest
Group "Guests"

WC3-4Life / Custom Hero Footies!!!

New v3.9 vs 3.8 (Feedback) - Forum

• Page 1 of 7
  • »
Forum moderator: Bond009  
Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » Balancing Current Game Content » New v3.9 vs 3.8 (Feedback) (Post your opinion on this..)
New v3.9 vs 3.8 (Feedback)
What do you like more for playing style
1. v3.8 [ 12 ] [33.33%]
2. v3.9 [ 24 ] [66.67%]
Answers total: 36
Bond009Date: Saturday, 10-Dec-2011, 4:32 AM | Message # 1
Overall Site Owner
Group: The Creator
Awards: 3
I have heard from a good amount that ppl are having a hard time adapting to so much all at once with the new nerfed aoes and tech also being upped at the same time..

Give your feed back on what you think so far i hear some ppl like it and others dont as much as 3.8, esp pubs and they are a big deal as well..

Im thinking when i fix things for 3.9a i might change back a few things and take more small steps with it so ppl can adapt slower.. let me know what you all think.

Pyo-LizZoODate: Saturday, 10-Dec-2011, 4:37 AM | Message # 2
Hero
Group: Users
Awards: 0
def 3.9 , i heard the opposite of that, a lot of people enjoy that tech isnt that useless anymore smile

one of the best versions so far

pew pew - hele killer style

Cheesy-GordiaDate: Saturday, 10-Dec-2011, 5:09 AM | Message # 3
Robotic Ninja
Awards: 3
Heard that from mass poolers?? Thought so.

Added (2011-12-10, 5:56 AM)
---------------------------------------------
And also the fact that you made this into one big project mostly for balance means you had no time trying to seek new glitches or ask people for glitches if they found any. Smaller but more frequent updates (like every 3 weeks- 1 month) make it easier for people to get an idea of how to and stuff. Its like school. You aren't gonna learn quantum physics in 1 day...

It's like nature, traits don't come in a day...

Added (2011-12-10, 6:09 AM)
And nobody is teching still which is the even sadder part. Only people that have an idea and can open the lines of ducking communication can tech. Everyone was just settling in for a more hero based style and boom harder play slapped them in the face. Seriously though, with the huge ducking magic resistance pretty much everything has now, aoes should be back where they were in 3.8. What Im saying here is, doing 2 major things at once never works out (Like buffing tech and nerfing aoes at the exact same time it just doesn't ducking mix)

Creeps also got shit in a bag for christmas... They are special, expensive units designed for specific purposes, but if they're too god dam weak like right now, its just wasting your gold for fun. buff the weak ones but keep the dam balanced ones where they were before. Newts can be hit by spells, why ducking nerf the armour too. Golems are weak vs tech and tech has been buffed to the shitter, why make their armour shittier and make them 5 times more vulnerable?

I know, im bashing 3.9 real hard it seems, but Im just so dam dissapointed at the outcome of all the great theories we've applied. Take baby steps.
So yeah thats my opinion, the idea of this version was good but once applied the outcome wasn't what I expected at all.

I hate this n***a actin like jesus - SOUNDWAVES

You don't are pro - Adam_CZ

Message edited by Cheesy-Gordia - Saturday, 10-Dec-2011, 5:15 AM

2DaYuDiEDate: Saturday, 10-Dec-2011, 7:12 AM | Message # 4
Ninja
Group: Clan Members
i think its fine as is... tech still isnt really hard to counter if 99% of the players plays it...
the only thing i dont like is the divine change... u cant use it on melee mauler anymore, but the multishot from ranged maulers can still hit buildings in divine... u can also still use bof/shockwave to dmg base, i think these are equally strong to melee divine, so i expect they shud all be threated the same way... i personally dont think u should restrict anything during divine.

Custom footies is famous cuz u can chose ur spells... even tho teching is fairly strong now, its mainly a way to basekill. if you spend your gold on tech early off, u can lag behind in lvl to tomers... heroes are the most important part in the game, and always will be. I'ts supposed to be like that if u ask me.

the coolest part about the game was finding new builds, trying all features in game... but now people get only a few different spells (ww divine swarm bolt coil nova) because they are just alot easier to play.. about evrything has been tried already and there are few builds that survived for the majority of people

also could ya just fix the -kill color... it doesnt kill the basic tower anymore, but it still hits the upgraded ones, which is quite ennoying. I dont think this is too much work ^^

i would also appreciate if u put some time to find a way to make altar enter zeps smile

Message edited by 2DaYuDiE - Saturday, 10-Dec-2011, 8:00 AM

CouDate: Saturday, 10-Dec-2011, 7:34 AM | Message # 5
Head Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 4
I'm all for 3.9. Tech needed to be well implemented because in 3.8, you couldn't really bk unless you got a hit and run player with xmute and save for pengs/masss pooled for pengs/altar. 3.8 is the version that everyone will remember that mass aoes, hit and run, tomes were taken to the next level. I mean aoes use to take out tech units without a problem but the fact is, there was already more counters to tech and creeps without aoes. If you can deal with aoes in a round against a good player then fine, but then you'll have to worry about the multi shot/cannon towers in their base which are more feared then anything for techers just as much, unless they're madly mass pooled. Then you just sit in your base with teched units while they're xmuting off your units and toming and their base is well guarded with towers So thats why aoes, toming and xmute needed to be balanced and focused. In every other versions I use to see pros complain about ww and aoes but 3.8 was finally the breaking point. Players complaining should try to adapt to chf play styles such as teching/goleming because it will make it better overall.

The pubs complaining need to stop relying on ww and mass aoes too much too =P

Legendary Team All Starz pack: http://chf.ucoz.com/forum/49-3291-1

SOUNDWAVESDate: Saturday, 10-Dec-2011, 8:02 AM | Message # 6
Ninja
Group: Investor
Awards: 1
3.9 isn't good version to every golemers and bear chimera base killers.
so 3.9 isn't really good version to every "CHF PROS". but seriously if ppl can kill base without wasting money with macro why the pink doves does it have 5 races and 5 tiers ?
macro is just waste.

tbh, becoming chf pro is really easy. also making victory is really easy. all these chf pros micro is just joke. 5.4 players are better at micro.
if someone want to be chf pro just watch xmonsterrr and his teams game play. they know this game system exactly and how to win Efficiently. this isn't sarcasm.

But Bond, if you really care about pub then, you should play with pub and see how they playing. also watch how they getting raped by PROS and PRO TEAM.

just remove mana regen from pet. it only helps pro player and stacked team. pub never uses this pet and doesn't really care. also make ppl can fight 1st mass equally. make no pool during mass and split beast scroll.

Quote (Cheesy-Gordia)
And nobody is teching still which is the even sadder part. Only people that have an idea and can open the lines of communication can tech

yes you got the point. but I can't agree with next parts what you wrote. the only reason ppl doesn't use teching is it still have huge risk. if it was safe like WW, ppl wouldnt hesitate teching.

Quote (Bond009)
i might change back a few things and take more small steps with it so ppl can adapt slower.. let me know what you all think.

this is dumb idea. like lizz said its one of the best versions so far.

I think you should change poll menu.

1. HERO FRENZY
2. FOOTMEN FRENZY

Rest in Peace Rookies

Message edited by SOUNDWAVES - Saturday, 10-Dec-2011, 8:05 AM

stoogeDate: Saturday, 10-Dec-2011, 9:27 AM | Message # 7
★ Contributor ★ / Legacy Staff
Group: Investor
Awards: 5
i have to agree 3.9 is the best so far, only ppl who'll bitch are the mass aoe abusers and ww aoe abusers...so lay back and enjoy the more balanced FOOTMEN wars instead of a HERO wars which it used to be anyways....

so dont change nothing this is good, if u cant change ur game play from ww aoe xmute every single game, well tough luck learn to play other things...

If I tell you I am good, You will probably think I am boasting.
If I tell you I am bad, You will Know I am lying.

Legal_lifeDate: Saturday, 10-Dec-2011, 11:05 AM | Message # 8
Zombie Pirate
I think I have mentioned this before to lots of people, mass pool is almost impossible to counter now, I have seen so many teams done it, from t0 to t3-4 5 minutes after mass, that's a bunch of bull shit.

xMoNsTeRRRDate: Saturday, 10-Dec-2011, 12:36 PM | Message # 9
Zombie Pirate
Group: Banned Users
I think that 3.9 has some major balancing issues in regards to aoe vs tech. Like seriously bond saw that yesterday lvl 5 nova and lvl 5 forked lightning couldn't even kill tier 2 nightelf. Is that a joke? Because if it is please stop. Also, a scepter and lvl 5 nova couldn't kill tier 2 hunts. Talk about retarted....................!

this account is currently being shared by xmonsterrr and cyray. if i say something nice, its probably cyray so please disregard it.

Message edited by xMoNsTeRRR - Saturday, 10-Dec-2011, 12:36 PM

XXkillerbeansXXDate: Saturday, 10-Dec-2011, 1:26 PM | Message # 10
Zombie Pirate
I have seen much more players teching. xMon i see your point and they could serve to lose some mana cost and cd but dmg is fine where it is.
Quote (xMoNsTeRRR)
Because if it is please stop. Also, a scepter and lvl 5 nova couldn't kill tier 2 hunts. Talk about retarted....................!

yes it could. 550 dmg + 275?/10% = 742.5 dmg which is more than enuf to kill a huntress.

xMoNsTeRRRDate: Saturday, 10-Dec-2011, 2:05 PM | Message # 11
Zombie Pirate
No, it cant go try it in game. I played against bond and he had 34873987483747837483478347 hunts. So i sceptered then casted nova, and not even one hunt was killed.

this account is currently being shared by xmonsterrr and cyray. if i say something nice, its probably cyray so please disregard it.

XXkillerbeansXXDate: Saturday, 10-Dec-2011, 2:36 PM | Message # 12
Zombie Pirate
liar. the hunt u novad wud be dead noob.(ur not rly :P but just for the fun of it). i calculated this including the magic resist and it didnt matter, hunts still have 650 life so 743 shud be enuf to kill them.

xMoNsTeRRRDate: Saturday, 10-Dec-2011, 3:00 PM | Message # 13
Zombie Pirate
I have 6 different witnesses who saw that level 5 nova and scepter couldnt kill a hunt. One of them was bond. Please try it ingame.

Added (2011-12-10, 4:00 PM)

Quote (SOUNDWAVES)
also making victory is really easy.

then why is it so hard for you to win cool

Master-HeroDate: Saturday, 10-Dec-2011, 3:14 PM | Message # 14
Legacy Staff
Group: Clan Members
Awards: 2
Does hunts still have their swift ability? Because that takes some of the magic damage too.

Inactive mod.

XXkillerbeansXXDate: Saturday, 10-Dec-2011, 3:54 PM | Message # 15
Zombie Pirate
what did u cast first?

Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » Balancing Current Game Content » New v3.9 vs 3.8 (Feedback) (Post your opinion on this..)
  • Page 1 of 7
  • »
Search:
Login Form
Search
Make Donation
Latest Posts

CHAT
Social Networking
Our poll - 1
Rate our map
Total of answers: 501