Thursday, 02-May-2024, 1:35 PM
Logged in as Guest
Group "Guests"

WC3-4Life / Custom Hero Footies!!!

I've come to realize many ppl dont actually like Balance - Forum

Forum moderator: Bond009  
Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » Balancing Current Game Content » I've come to realize many ppl dont actually like Balance (just fact)
I've come to realize many ppl dont actually like Balance
Bond009Date: Wednesday, 15-Feb-2012, 4:56 PM | Message # 1
Overall Site Owner
Group: The Creator
Awards: 3
I've come to realize many ppl dont actually like balance in a game.. they dont like things changing for the better and to better balance the game play if it means some of their favorite old starts no longer working quite as well or has to be done in a different way to still pull it off..

Im done holding back the game potential and balance to please these few ppl.
4.0 has some new balance methods done in it and thats just how it is.. i know there will be a hand full of ppl that dont like it at first but its easy to get around with just having your team mates also buy some creeps and sharing control or just teching up to get more food. In the long run this will better improve balance and quality of the game. certain things were not meant to be massed in numbers beyond counter, and thats when the balance is hurting and pubs leave and sometimes dont come back.

a_chinese_kidDate: Wednesday, 15-Feb-2012, 5:19 PM | Message # 2
Robotic Ninja
Group: Clan Members
Awards: 0
lol make an unbalanced mode haha.

this is the thoughts of the average "pro" and even me " i don't like the balances unless they ruin builds like bolt coil that I'm to pussy to use cause its for "noobs" so when they nerf builds that i don't use but pubs do its cool however when they nerf builds that i constantly use and think I'm pro at using I get mad and want it changed back."

but seriously make unbalanced mode haha

Alex[STAR]Date: Wednesday, 15-Feb-2012, 6:32 PM | Message # 3
User
Group: Users
Awards: 4
Make classic mode where all the spell balance is undone and reverts to 2.x when nova would nuke your ass off to high heaven.

a_chinese_kidDate: Wednesday, 15-Feb-2012, 7:28 PM | Message # 4
Robotic Ninja
biggrin ^^ love nova biggrin

Bond009Date: Wednesday, 15-Feb-2012, 7:53 PM | Message # 5
Overall Site Owner
lol i dont mean as far as just spells necessarily..

i mean a bigger picture of the over all game like things that affect how a game is played, like creeps or limits on things and towers, stuff that isnt just decided on what a hero can do.

A hero is chosen and then you have what you chose to deal with whatever the game hands you with the enemies you are vs. but things can be thrown way out of hand with getting op creeps that are meant to counter other op creeps or op heros but when those op creeps get taken to a certain point they can become nearly unstoppable. and then all you can say is "shouldnt have let them get to that point to get that many" but thats not always easy to say when its a 3v3v3v3 as you dont have control over 75% of the game.. you only can really control 25% and if your team doesnt share or listen you get 12% control of a game. (that % varys with skill/knowledge)

i have nothing against ppl microing mass creeps or golems etc.. but im just making the difficulty of using them as hard as it is to counter them now. same with what i did with ToT i know some didnt like it but games are much better now that it requires t3 and much more balanced because of that. If you forget why and care, u can read this.

also i did buff up nova for the classic modes, both old 5.4 and new 76 heros set builds

ic3dt3aDate: Wednesday, 15-Feb-2012, 9:46 PM | Message # 6
Robotic Ninja
Group: Investor
Awards: 1
bond, its obvious, noobs gonna noob. they want a hero arena with mass items and units that take high damage and give LOTS of gold. also, more xp and more spells up to level 21 and u can add more spells to choose so we have 4 spells + 2 ultis!!!!

OP creeps:

mana dragons(increase def to 10 and u cant really bat anymore)
golems(spell immune except for call of gods or explosion), SHOULD be transmutable for 1.5 times amount the gold u get from a jamie, taht will teach those golem lasso noobs. remove(not sure if u have already or not i havnt checked or used golems in a while) the upgradeable attack on them.

eq lvl 3 can bk soo fast on tier 0 bases, especially if ssd vs stacked teams(tbh, i dont like to play to win immediately, so i'll sometimes drag the game on and have fun, big mistake i make since i get bked instantly from waves + eq)

Runes: you can only have 2 runes in your base(not sure how you would do this) and once a team is completely defeated, remove fog of war from their bases(to see any potential peasants)

taht is all, going to duffys to watch the fight or something

happy wednesday sxy pplz!!!

http://chf.ucoz.com/forum/71-3499-61942-16-1396993348

Bond009Date: Thursday, 16-Feb-2012, 3:54 AM | Message # 7
Overall Site Owner
lol might make golems only cost 2 food next ver but gotta see how it goes, also it makes bases more important again to keep alive smile if they die you lose the ability to buy the creep that cost food.

FirNesSDate: Thursday, 16-Feb-2012, 1:05 PM | Message # 8
Robotic Ninja
Group: Game Mod
Nerf mana dragons

shinkirouDate: Thursday, 16-Feb-2012, 2:02 PM | Message # 9
Grunt
Quote (Bond009)
(Varys% que con habilidad / conocimientos) no tengo nada contra PPL microing arrastra la masa o golems, etc. , pero soy sólo lo que la dificultad de su uso tan duro como lo es para hacerles frente ahora. lo mismo con lo que hice con CpC Sé que algunos no les gustó, pero los juegos son mucho mejores ahora que se requiere t3 y mucho más equilibrada, porque de eso. Si se le olvida por qué y de atención, u puede leer esto . También hice aficionado a nova para los modos clásicos, antiguos y nuevos 76 5,4 conjunto héroes construye

this version suck

That's easy. If someone wins, the fighting will end.

RosarioVampireZDate: Thursday, 16-Feb-2012, 2:17 PM | Message # 10
Robotic Ninja
Bond, could you make Granite Golem more expensive?
Once people full pool and buy Granite Golem, game is pretty much over...

Also, the new 150 gold crystal lead me to this awesome shop
But I think they are overpriced. Also, I think the excally item should have longer cd or something. 1 bolt and 2.4k wasted...

FirNesSDate: Thursday, 16-Feb-2012, 2:46 PM | Message # 11
Robotic Ninja
Group: Game Mod
Quote (RosarioVampireZ)

Agreed

Also please make Mega Beam canon a bit stronger, like +300 dmg, cause actually it cannot kill a donation that increased a bit hp if you dont have aoe and 3k is way expansive.

Message edited by Fir - Thursday, 16-Feb-2012, 2:46 PM

Bond009Date: Thursday, 16-Feb-2012, 3:01 PM | Message # 12
Overall Site Owner
Quote (shinkirou)
this version suck

this is an example of what my title is.. ppl dont like balance

Quote (Fir)
Nerf mana dragons

they have been, not in power but by limiting them with food and max amount to 2 at any given time. thats easy to handle, but when they got like 4-6 at a time that was a problem lol things get very op when massing them..

Quote (RosarioVampireZ)

i think 1 granit is able to be handled but when they would get 2 that could be a problem so costing 6 food that will help limit them for now

Quote (RosarioVampireZ)
But I think they are overpriced. Also, I think the excally item should have longer cd or something. 1 bolt and 2.4k wasted...

a bolt cost the same as that holy elixir item so i guess its like an eye for an eye, u spending 1450 forces them to as well

Quote (Fir)
Also please make Mega Beam canon a bit stronger, like +300 dmg, cause actually it cannot kill a donation that increased a bit hp if you dont have aoe and 3k is way expansive.

yea i suppose i could make it a bit more dmg for 3k, but 1200dmg can take out most t2 and t3 units even with alot of hp upgrades though in most cases.

shinkirouDate: Thursday, 16-Feb-2012, 3:23 PM | Message # 13
Grunt
Quote (Bond009)
este es un ejemplo de lo que mi título es .. PPL no me gusta el equilibrio

is just I think you just fucked those who use golems ¬¬

That's easy. If someone wins, the fighting will end.

Bond009Date: Thursday, 16-Feb-2012, 3:46 PM | Message # 14
Overall Site Owner
Quote (shinkirou)
is just I think you just fucked those who use golems ¬¬

that wasnt my only intention with this new balance thing :/ i mean the reason it was possible to run the game doing that kind of thing anyway was because they are so overpowered in numbers.. So just because some people have gotten use to using and abusing something and find it fun means it should never get balanced? just saying that as something to think about from different angle, as an example

I didnt plan for that strategy to be gone completely, i just wanted to make it a little more difficult to pull off and mass them so fast, because for many people its much harder to counter that being done than it is to be done.

And like i was saying before every person has 12% control over a game but because of those golems strengths and ability's they give 1 person like 35% control over the map in mass numbers, so unless theres more than 1-2 people in the map thats able to counter them well, you win easy

If 3 food ends up being overkill also i can always adjust things next ver and make it only 2 food, this is the first version with this new method so it will take another version to be perfect im sure. smile

ic3dt3aDate: Thursday, 16-Feb-2012, 8:16 PM | Message # 15
Robotic Ninja
Group: Investor
Awards: 1
Quote (RosarioVampireZ)
Once people full pool and buy Granite Golem, game is pretty much over..

HOW COULD YOU SAY THT! U need to RESEARCH first!! granite easy to kill!!! just get newt + towers + turtle!! thats why id ont play anymore, noobs dont kn ow how to play!!!

<3 the food limit, golem noobs = no more

havnt really got a chance to do anything else, games too quick

http://chf.ucoz.com/forum/71-3499-61942-16-1396993348

Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » Balancing Current Game Content » I've come to realize many ppl dont actually like Balance (just fact)
Search:
Login Form
Search
Make Donation
Latest Posts

CHAT
Social Networking
Our poll - 1
Rate our map
Total of answers: 501
Stats
<