Friday, 10-May-2024, 9:44 AM
Logged in as Guest
Group "Guests"

WC3-4Life / Custom Hero Footies!!!

ELO/ALTS ABUSE - Page 10 - Forum

Forum moderator: Bond009  
Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » Balancing Current Game Content » ELO/ALTS ABUSE
ELO/ALTS ABUSE
Random260Date: Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 9:21 AM | Message # 136
Head Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 0
He simplified your version? Did his version say anything about 2 leader boards? It hypothetically said 1 leader board (If he meant more then 1 leader board I am suggesting using my modified idea). "Someone ban this clown" the irony in that I could have reproofed you for using swear words in a bad way.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Message edited by Random260 - Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 9:23 AM

RosarioVampireZDate: Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 9:23 AM | Message # 137
Robotic Ninja
Group: Clan Members
Guys guys guys, calm down

Please please, cyray, just accept that Bond made it. I mean technically, Bond made a new language to communicate with Random.
Thats a REAL accomplishment there

and random, cyray isn;t lying. He did say the plan first lol

Random260Date: Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 9:26 AM | Message # 138
Head Administrator

Message edited by Random260 - Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 9:38 AM

ic3dt3aDate: Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 2:09 PM | Message # 139
Robotic Ninja
Group: Investor
Awards: 1
chrollololol, cry-ay got Adam'd by random

http://chf.ucoz.com/forum/71-3499-61942-16-1396993348

Random260Date: Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 9:33 PM | Message # 140
Head Administrator
What do you guys think:

1 leaderboard

2 hostbots

Noob hostbot: it is for players to get to 1300 then they will be redirected to pro hostbot
pro hostbot: it is used to balance it out so pros will vs pros to gain elo.

Whats so complicated about that. There are 2 different ways we can go
both are balanced. I will nerf everyone's elo This way
is also effective. This way is also easier to code. This way people will not lose there legit elo or win/losses and it fixes all our problems. And will still allow us to glorify 1 leaderboard. And if it gets more popular we can add an option 3rd hostbot for 1600+ for people to vs pros. I know some of you thought about doing this a different way but this is easier.

Message edited by Random260 - Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 9:48 PM

Cyray@USEASTDate: Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 10:16 PM | Message # 141
Hero
Group: Users
OK random260 I will make a compromise with you

First i have to explain some things about ELO to you. in the Elo system a player's win/loss ratio will affect their ability to rank up even if you bring their ELO down as long as you keep their win/loss stats

Example if you take apf Walter he had 2400 elo and about 700-50 stats or something. Since ELO is calculated by win/loss ratio and the elo strength of your opponents, Walters elo (and other top players) will go up so slowly on the pro bot because of this reason. The only way to fix it is to reset stats on the pro bot, but since youre resetting stats for pro players and not noobs you need two seperate ladders itherwise pros would have lower Elo than noobs. You can keep all players win/loss records the same on noob but but for the aforementioned reasons stats MUST be reset on pro bot.
So in this system Walter on the noob bot would be 700-50 with 1300 ELO
But on the pro bot he would be 0-0 1,000 ELO

That way it's a compromise because players can keep the stats they earned on noob bot, but pro bot has to start fresh
In summary :
Have 2 ladders
Keep people's win/loss records the same on noob not
Start fresh on pro bot so previous ELO and win loss records don't affect anything

name: james mcgovern

Random260Date: Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 10:42 PM | Message # 142
Head Administrator
As I said earlier there are two directions we can take I believe my direction is alot easier. I believe that people who earned there
win/losses do not deserve to lose it but I will nerf the everyone's elo.
My way is continuing the elo system not redoing it since then we have
to start back to square one to rebuild. Since I really want to build on
elo 2.0. If a pro plays on the pro bot (my direction with one leader
board) they gain little but can lose lots. And it is hard to change my
mine about my idea.

F00ty_R3b0rnDate: Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 10:51 PM | Message # 143
Hero
Zzz if there is only 1 leaderboard ELO will be more rigged than before. And will means DEFINITELY NOTHING...

None care about keeping their actual ELO.
+ you can't fix properly top players. For example Nexsus was like top 10 ELO rank and now he is #1 and cesar and walter # 6.

You won't have rager if you put pro bot with fresh start. Cause it's same fix for everyone.

Current CHF APM ! The Legend is R3b0Rn !
http://imageshack.com/a/img401/3523/vzsc.png

Random260Date: Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 10:55 PM | Message # 144
Head Administrator
We can fix it is simple recaculate everyone's elo it is done by scripts. Explain how it will be more rigged.

F00ty_R3b0rnDate: Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 11:00 PM | Message # 145
Hero
Quote Random260 ()
We can fix it is simple recaculate everyone's elo it is done by scripts. Explain how it will be more rigged.

But still don't solve this omg...........................;;;;;
Quote Cyray@USEAST ()
First i have to explain some things about ELO to you. in the Elo system a player's win/loss ratio will affect their ability to rank up even if you bring their ELO down as long as you keep their win/loss statsExample if you take apf Walter he had 2400 elo and about 700-50 stats or something. Since ELO is calculated by win/loss ratio and the elo strength of your opponents, Walters elo (and other top players) will go up so slowly on the pro bot because of this reason. The only way to fix it is to reset stats on the pro bot, but since youre resetting stats for pro players and not noobs you need two seperate ladders itherwise pros would have lower Elo than noobs. You can keep all players win/loss records the same on noob but but for the aforementioned reasons stats MUST be reset on pro bot.
So in this system Walter on the noob bot would be 700-50 with 1300 ELO
But on the pro bot he would be 0-0 1,000 ELO

That way it's a compromise because players can keep the stats they earned on noob bot, but pro bot has to start fresh
In summary :
Have 2 ladders
Keep people's win/loss records the same on noob not
Start fresh on pro bot so previous ELO and win loss records don't affect anything

Current CHF APM ! The Legend is R3b0Rn !
http://imageshack.com/a/img401/3523/vzsc.png

Cyray@USEASTDate: Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 11:08 PM | Message # 146
Hero
RANDOM DID YOU READ WHAT I WROTE?

if you want to let people keep their current win/loss records thats FINE

let them keep them on the NOOB bot

so like i said my cyray account would still be 228-4 on the NOOB bot

but on the pro bot i will start out at 1,000 elo 0-0

that way players can keep their precious win/loss records and the pro bot will actually have a fair, functoinal elo system

also if you have pro bot and noob bot and a pro just got into the pro bot and he loses one game he will have lower elo than noobs??? this makes sense to you?

Message edited by Cyray@USEAST - Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 11:10 PM

Random260Date: Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 11:08 PM | Message # 147
Head Administrator
It solves most of our problems with alts. Plus a pro has a more chance to lose lots of elo on pro bot then gain. If they are able to beat pros every time on pro bot it means there are ok(don't want to say good or people will rant...) Dont get what you mean by still doesn't solve this. If you mean by the system I explained it is easier to lose then win since this game consist of 4 teams. But whats so bad about my idea it is a good idea as well and fixes most of our problems Plus your idea is complex. Were talking about my idea not yours atm.

Message edited by Random260 - Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 11:11 PM

Cyray@USEASTDate: Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 11:11 PM | Message # 148
Hero
Quote Random260 ()
It solves most of our problems with alts. Plus a pro has a more chance to lose lots of elo on pro bot then gain. If they are able to beat pros every time on pro bot it means there are ok(don't want to say good or people will rant...) Dont get what you mean by still doesn't solve this. If you mean by the system I explained it is easier to lose then win since this game consist of 4 teams. But whats so bad about my idea it is a good idea as well and fixes most of our problems.

i tried to explain it many times over chat, its really hard because you don't understand what i write...random i feel tired because i wrote the same thing so many times in many threads...how many times do i have to write it for you to understand?

please just it has to be two ladders...

look at www.dotacash.com for example
they use two ladders too

maybe if i copy paste this many times you will understand:
we need 2 leaderboards because the way the ELO calculation formula works, your old ELO and your old win rate score will be used to calculte your new ELO rank if there is only 1 leaderboard. the other problem is that if someone on the pro bot loses too many games their ELO will fall below the noobs even...which makes no sense since they are being pit against top players in their game 
we need 2 leaderboards because the way the ELO calculation formula works, your old ELO and your old win rate score will be used to calculte your new ELO rank if there is only 1 leaderboard. the other problem is that if someone on the pro bot loses too many games their ELO will fall below the noobs even...which makes no sense since they are being pit against top players in their game 

Message edited by Cyray@USEAST - Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 11:13 PM

Random260Date: Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 11:13 PM | Message # 149
Head Administrator
I get your logic but they can climb up the ladder plus I can make it so on the pro bot you gain more elo. When all the noobs  to pro they will also drop down aswell so it really counters each other.

Message edited by Random260 - Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 11:16 PM

Cyray@USEASTDate: Sunday, 19-Jan-2014, 11:16 PM | Message # 150
Hero
Quote F00ty_R3b0rn ()
Zzz if there is only 1 leaderboard ELO will be more rigged than before. And will means DEFINITELY NOTHING... None care about keeping their actual ELO.
+ you can't fix properly top players. For example Nexsus was like top 10 ELO rank and now he is #1 and cesar and walter # 6.

You won't have rager if you put pro bot with fresh start. Cause it's same fix for everyone.

i agree

Added (19-Jan-2014, 11:16 PM)
---------------------------------------------

Quote Random260 ()
But if he plays on pro bot he has a more chance of losing.
you still miss the point.....................its not about chance of winning or losing, its that the ELO AND WIN LOSS RECORD FROM THE NOOB BOT WILL BE USED TO CALCULATE NEW ELO ON THE PRO BOT

Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » Balancing Current Game Content » ELO/ALTS ABUSE
Search:
Login Form
Search
Make Donation
Latest Posts

CHAT
Social Networking
Our poll - 1
Rate our map
Total of answers: 501
Stats
<