Forum moderator: Alex[STAR]  
Forum » Fun and General Discussion » World News & Debates » Food For Thought
Food For Thought
lspiderlDate: Thursday, 20-Dec-2012, 1:47 PM | Message # 16
Site Manager
Group: Administrators
Awards: 1
The changes need to be made to medical mental health records NOT to gun laws

The problem is medical records are sealed and a background check cant access them

I suffer from a condition called dislexix disgraphia so please parden my spelling and typographical errors

lspiderlDate: Thursday, 20-Dec-2012, 1:48 PM | Message # 17
Site Manager
Quote (2DaYuDiE)
people dont usually break into houses if someones home and even then, i'd rather not shoot em lol

Oh realy ? I have at least 3 different personal friends that had breakins when they were home alone with their children and it was their GUNS that saved them

I suffer from a condition called dislexix disgraphia so please parden my spelling and typographical errors

TrixxareforkidsDate: Thursday, 20-Dec-2012, 2:17 PM | Message # 18
Zombie Pirate
Group: Investor
Awards: 3
Quote (lspiderl)
EVERY genocide or attempted genocide in History was precluded by disarming the population

I think we can all agree on this point

"being admin on a forum is NOT a super power" - lSpiderl

"CHF BECAMED SUCK S" - yan

"CHF has been my childhood. It actually defined lots of my childhood." - RosarioVampireZ

2DaYuDiEDate: Thursday, 20-Dec-2012, 2:42 PM | Message # 19
Ninja
Group: Clan Members
Awards: 0
Quote (lspiderl)

Oh realy ? I have at least 3 different personal friends that had breakins when they were home alone with their children and it was their GUNS that saved them

saved them? if u didnt have a gun they wouldnt shoot at u in the first place...

XXkillerbeansXXDate: Thursday, 20-Dec-2012, 3:48 PM | Message # 20
Zombie Pirate
Group: Users
Quote (mN-)
what I think is even more fced up is that you can buy hand grenades and RPG's legally

not true. at least not commercially. it is also illegal for a nongovernment(swat/feds) to own a fully automatic rifle. stop talking out of your ass.
Quote (Cou)
whats this got to do with guns?

it doesnt. his point is that its still easy to kill without guns.
Quote (Cou)
China ban guns and they have the biggest population in the world. You don't hear killing sprees and massacres in china.

you mean because its not an urbanized society and most people have 0 connection to the federal government, arms dealers, and no reason to want to do anything like this?
http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2012/jul/22/gun-homicides-ownership-world-list
notice how each of the top gun owning countries other then the US has low homicide rate and low homicide by firearms(excluding switzerland but they have very low homicide rate so that doesnt factor at all). The point is, if you have a gun on you, people wont try to harm you in nearly any way in fear that you will shoot them.

ic3dt3aDate: Thursday, 20-Dec-2012, 4:18 PM | Message # 21
Robotic Ninja
this is a stupid "debate"... a gun is easy to obtain, if the "law-abiding" citizens can obtain one, so can criminals... see the below example you stated
Quote (lspiderl)
He picked up the bushmaster because it was one he was able to STEAL form his mother h

so what your saying is "his mom had a gone and he stole it", if she didint have it, he wouldnt have been able to use it, amirite?

as previously mentioned, a gun is a weapon that is meant to mortally wound or kill, especially the ones categorized as "assault" weapons. i disagree with "taking our gunz away!!! oh noes!", but it needs to be controlled more. obtaining one is relatively easy... i can get me a "throw away" if i go 2 blocks from downtown... this would most likely be stolen(probably reported stolen too)

http://chf.ucoz.com/forum/71-3499-61942-16-1396993348

mN-Date: Thursday, 20-Dec-2012, 5:50 PM | Message # 22
Grunt
Quote (XXkillerbeansXX)

it is also illegal for a nongovernment(swat/feds) to own a fully automatic rifle. stop talking out of your ass.

All you need to do is buy a fullauto registered before 1986 and buy spare parts if needed. You can get one for 5k in ebay(while new ones would cost $500). Destructive devices you can get with a Class III permit. Spider even wrote about autos in the first page. Asshole.

Quote (lspiderl)
semi automatic guns are no differnt than a revolver , one trigger pull , one buillet there just a little easier to load

Exactly. Your assault rifle has 30ammos or more with special clip, you can tap quite quickly and change mag in a few seconds, while a revolver is 6 rounds and takes alot more time to reload, and harder to shoot with recoil. Bolt-action isnt that slow to load that you need semiautomatic in hunting unless you are trying to kill an army of grizzly bears.

I dont understand why you would have an assault rifle for home protection anyway. Due to it's big size it's highly impractical to go around corners compared to a hand gun. For the same reason swat teams use submachine guns/shotguns when storming in to an apartment complex.
You live in a quite crazy neighborhood to have 3 break-ins when the family is around. I've only heard it happend in 'home alone 1,2 & 3'.

Quote (lspiderl)
The problem is medical records are sealed and a background check cant access them

Are you sure? That's pretty fced up, eventho it wouldnt have helped in this specific case.

I am biwinning

Message edited by mN- - Thursday, 20-Dec-2012, 5:55 PM

XXkillerbeansXXDate: Thursday, 20-Dec-2012, 6:30 PM | Message # 23
Zombie Pirate
Group: Users
Quote (mN-)
Your assault rifle has 30ammos or more with special clip

clips that hold more then 10 are illegal. im starting to wonder if you've studied your arguments, or if you've even shot a gun. ever.
Quote (mN-)
Destructive devices you can get with a Class III permi

It is a dealers/defense contractor only permit, not for recreational use.
Quote (mN-)
Due to it's big size it's highly impractical to go around corners compared to a hand gun

in home defense why would you be rounding a corner? wouldn't you be waiting behind a door or looking in on a hallway? and the size of the gun holds no valid argument. i find it makes no difference when turning with a gun.
Quote (mN-)
you can tap quite quickly and change mag in a few seconds,

only if you're mag is preloaded. and even then only pros can change within seconds.
Quote (mN-)
you can tap quite quickly

You mean you can tap very quickly, and miss very much? anything but a .22 is going to give you a large kick when shooting. and in rapid succession you cannot contain the kick enough to aim accurately.
Quote (mN-)
shotguns

these are bigger then Assault Rifles. and yes i would know, i have multiple of each.
Quote (mN-)
You can get one for 5k in ebay(while new ones would cost $500).

you mean illegally, then yes.
Bottom line, i think you play too much Call of Duty and think that real people actually have those skills.
Quote (ic3dt3a)
a gun is a weapon that is meant to mortally wound or kill

i cannot find this definition anywhere on this page http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/gun?s=t ...
Quote (ic3dt3a)
if she didint have it, he wouldnt have been able to use it,

not true. a determined killer will get their weapon in any manner possible. just like an illegal drug addict will go get his drugs wherever possible.

sometimes i dont think people think through their arguments before they write them.

Osetinas7171Date: Thursday, 20-Dec-2012, 6:50 PM | Message # 24
Hero
Group: Clan Members
R.I.P those peoples. sad

ic3dt3aDate: Thursday, 20-Dec-2012, 9:54 PM | Message # 25
Robotic Ninja
Quote (XXkillerbeansXX)
Quote (ic3dt3a)
a gun is a weapon that is meant to mortally wound or kill

i cannot find this definition anywhere on this page http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/gun?s=t ...

did u seriously use the "definition" of a gun as a point? u;ve got to be shitting me... in that case, a computer is meant to calculate complex formulas...

Quote (XXkillerbeansXX)
Quote (ic3dt3a)
if she didint have it, he wouldnt have been able to use it,

not true. a determined killer will get their weapon in any manner possible. just like an illegal drug addict will go get his drugs wherever
possible.

um, i was jsut using his reference as an example... yes, any1 can obtain a gun if they try, i think istated i could get one a couple blocks from downtown too?

lspiderlDate: Thursday, 20-Dec-2012, 11:03 PM | Message # 26
Site Manager
if they couldnt get a gun they would have made a bomb, or a chemical gas , or drove a largee vehicle into the building , its that simple.

Fully auto weapons are HIGHLY restricted

and Gun laws do NOT reduce crime

ic3dt3aDate: Thursday, 20-Dec-2012, 11:52 PM | Message # 27
Robotic Ninja
Quote (lspiderl)
if they couldnt get a gun they would have made a bomb, or a chemical gas , or drove a largee vehicle into the building , its that simple.

Fully auto weapons are HIGHLY restricted

and Gun laws do NOT reduce crime

yet a gun is easier to handle/conceal/obtain(to the average person). the chemical gas/bomb scenarios, i would consider more like terrorism and these take time to throw together. gun can be used in a spontaneous act. like a mugging, not carefully thought through and if it was, they are abusing the gun, there u have it, guns are easily abused and need to be more regulated

but they do... consider this scenario:

you are confronted by a man in a back alley(not ur usual gay encounter, may i add) and he demands you empty your pockets. you may decide to try to fight him since you may be able to disarm him. now what if he were holding a gun? you would be more cautious since he could get a shot off at you before you even get close enough to take a swing.

yeah, u could be carrying to, but by the time you go for your piece, he may have just started shooting

guns help give you a sense of power. wielding this power may encourage you to take extra risks...
heck, i'll put it into wc3 scenarios...

blademaster: u dont have windwalk and just go into base, u run/tp as soon as you hit about 25% hp. if u had ww, u would actually take a little more risk since you could potentially strike first.

i can put up a video that says guns are bad too.....
the part where the guy talks about couples shooting instead of shouting at each other is just plain retarded... most people are logical and understand the consequences of shooting someone... why is it that ALL media pick and choose as to what they air? the manipulation is used to get their point/opinion across, thats y(helen keller, u should put this in ur trivia)

u know

lspiderlDate: Friday, 21-Dec-2012, 0:33 AM | Message # 28
Site Manager
john stossle is one of the most respected media researchers on earth , secondly he talks about facts not what ifs

lastly every day literaly THOUSANDS of crimes are prevented by private citizens that are armed

EVERY city or state that instituted serious gun restrictions saw a marked INCREASE in crime

EVERY city or state that instituted looser gun laws and concealed carry permits saw a marked DECREASE in crime

MEXICO our closest neighbor put massive gun restrictions in place and once the people were disarmed the crime syndicates being the only ones armed took near total control of the country

TrixxareforkidsDate: Friday, 21-Dec-2012, 0:44 AM | Message # 29
Zombie Pirate
Awards: 3
Quote (lspiderl)
MEXICO our closest neighbor put massive gun restrictions in place and once the people were disarmed the crime syndicates being the only ones armed took near total control of the country

The cartels were already in control at this point. They pulled the trigger on the gun restrictions.

Quote (lspiderl)
EVERY city or state that instituted serious gun restrictions saw a marked INCREASE in crime

EVERY city or state that instituted looser gun laws and concealed carry permits saw a marked DECREASE in crime

Show me the numbers, please. I'd love to see them. And yes qualitative information is nice too (ie Russia and Mexico are basically shitholes)

"being admin on a forum is NOT a super power" - lSpiderl

"CHF BECAMED SUCK S" - yan

"CHF has been my childhood. It actually defined lots of my childhood." - RosarioVampireZ

ic3dt3aDate: Friday, 21-Dec-2012, 0:57 AM | Message # 30
Robotic Ninja
Quote (lspiderl)

y rnt the criminals using chemical warfare or car bombs instead?

exactly

Forum » Fun and General Discussion » World News & Debates » Food For Thought
Search:
Login Form
Search
Make Donation
Latest Posts

CHAT
Social Networking
Our poll - 1
Rate our map