Food For Thought - Forum

Forum moderator: Alex[STAR]  
Forum » Fun and General Discussion » World News & Debates » Food For Thought
Food For Thought
lspiderlDate: Wednesday, 19-Dec-2012, 9:43 PM | Message # 1
Site Manager
Group: Administrators
Awards: 1

I suffer from a condition called dislexix disgraphia so please parden my spelling and typographical errors

XXkillerbeansXXDate: Wednesday, 19-Dec-2012, 11:10 PM | Message # 2
Zombie Pirate
Group: Users
Awards: 0
dont post this, but post something about the recent shootings on the Main Page. something like "bla bla bla these people shouldnt have died bla bla bla bad dude bla bla bla terrible thing happened bla bla bla please pray for the families no matter your religion or atheism."

lspiderlDate: Wednesday, 19-Dec-2012, 11:18 PM | Message # 3
Site Manager
I can post what i please , we all know its a tragidy but the only thing worse than one tragidy is seeing anti-gun nuts trying to use one tragidy to commit another

its important to remind people that taking away guns wont stop mass murderers all it does is make a lot of people helpless

I suffer from a condition called dislexix disgraphia so please parden my spelling and typographical errors

mN-Date: Thursday, 20-Dec-2012, 5:31 AM | Message # 4
Grunt
Group: Investor
indeed murderers will keep murdering. With guns it's more efficient. We could argue if lanzas mom didnt own a gun, the mom would be alive and also all the children. Since he used her gun. smile Why do you need an assault rifle for protection anyway it's meant for massacres. Double barrel shotgun might do aswell and isnt so efficient in massmurdering... what I think is even more fced up is that you can buy hand grenades and RPG's legally.

I am biwinning

Message edited by mN- - Thursday, 20-Dec-2012, 5:34 AM

CouDate: Thursday, 20-Dec-2012, 6:57 AM | Message # 5
Head Administrator
Awards: 4
"Timothy James "Tim" McVeigh (April 23, 1968 – June 11, 2001) was an American domestic terrorist who detonated a truck bomb in front of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City on April 19, 1995. Commonly referred to as the Oklahoma City Bombing, the attack killed 168 people and injured over 800.[3] It was the deadliest act of terrorism within the United States prior to the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks.[3]

whats this got to do with guns? It still doesn't sugar coat the fact that several massacre sprees happened in the US lol. Most countries in the world have bans on guns and they don't have massacres. e.g china. China ban guns and they have the biggest population in the world. You don't hear killing sprees and massacres in china. But for some reason, US attracts massacres on innocent children and families.

haha sorry Spidey, Imma have to disagree about the whole gun shananigans. The fact is, with the legality and increase of use of guns, therefore the increase of deaths by guns. That's the general rule and logic for all things such as the more cars, the more deaths in car crashes. Gun enthusiasts shouldn't be able to sugar coat it without realising the facts. The fact is that if Mama lanza didn't have guns in the house, nor teach her child to use it, he wouldn't have gone on a massacre, just as mn said. How many stories have been famously highlighted that guns saved a bunch of school children or anything to the point that it's remembered or highlight on the news? None. Australia took away the rights to guns after the port arther massacre and after that, there was no more massacre ever. UK did the same and the same thing happened, no more massacre. But it takes several massacres to finally act on something. the problem is, there are too many nutty gun conformists lol. they argue to the point that if the teachers had guns in the classroom, they would've been saved. Until some moron bad ass student gets his hands on it. Infact all massacre that occured in the US were results of families owning weapons legally. Research the columbine massacre, James holmes buyin legally online and from the shops, and finally the connecticut shootings. Australia may have a high number of knives assaults and wounds, but I'd rather take my chances with a knife then a guy firing ak-47 in the malls that Im hanging out at lol.

Legendary Team All Starz pack: http://chf.ucoz.com/forum/49-3291-1

Message edited by Cou - Thursday, 20-Dec-2012, 7:05 AM

2DaYuDiEDate: Thursday, 20-Dec-2012, 11:08 AM | Message # 6
Ninja
Group: Clan Members
guns are designed to kill people, all people who think they are any safer if they carry a gun are dumbasses
guns being used as toys and sport is just rediculous
anyways, guns are too widespread in america, nothing much will change i bet, no need to cry about losing ur gun smile

TrixxareforkidsDate: Thursday, 20-Dec-2012, 11:43 AM | Message # 7
Zombie Pirate
Awards: 3
Well obviously you're pro-gun Spidey, we've all seen your pictures. This picture misses the point completely, however. Guns were made for the exclusive purpose of killing people (read: the aquebus) whereas fertilizer and trucks were designed to, well, fertilize and truck. Interestingly enough, there are much more stringent laws on both buying and driving a truck of that size and on purchasing fertilizer in that amount than on buying all non-illegal firearms, including the military-grade rifle used in the Newtown shooting.

"being admin on a forum is NOT a super power" - lSpiderl

"CHF BECAMED SUCK S" - yan

"CHF has been my childhood. It actually defined lots of my childhood." - RosarioVampireZ

Message edited by Trixxareforkids - Thursday, 20-Dec-2012, 11:44 AM

lspiderlDate: Thursday, 20-Dec-2012, 11:57 AM | Message # 8
Site Manager
Using Austriala and hte UK as examples is a compeltely false ideal as they are Island Nations making it much harder for criminals to gain access to illegal weapons

if you want a prime example look at Mexico they Baned all but the most simple and rudamenaty guns and now the Drug cartels own the country and kill people indiscriminantly

Look at where all these mass shootings take place , in states that have the strictest gun laws in locations that BAN the presence of concealed firearms

Criminals dont follow laws , murderes dont need guns to kill

but every day in the US thousands of lives are saved by gun owners with their guns .

The idea that a few dozen people in the last 30 years commiting a horrible act outshines the hundreds of millions of responcible gun owners and all the lives that have been saved because of them is completely obsurd

TrixxareforkidsDate: Thursday, 20-Dec-2012, 12:05 PM | Message # 9
Zombie Pirate
Please, let's have this debate.
45 of the 50 most dangerous cities in the world (by murder) are in the United States.
The drug cartels control Mexico because they already controlled the government. The Mexican police force and government are both complete washes for the cartels as they will only allow people who can be bought to be in positions of power.
The United States is, relatively, an island nation as both of its neighbouring nations have anti-gun laws. If you want another comparable, look at Canada or every other developed European country.

Ultimately in every publicized event, be in gun shootings, school district strikes, what have you, it's always the people who do or say something stupid that get heard, not the vast majority of people who go about their business positively and quietly.

"CHF has been my childhood. It actually defined lots of my childhood." - RosarioVampireZ

lspiderlDate: Thursday, 20-Dec-2012, 12:06 PM | Message # 10
Site Manager
and as for the rifle used its military style not an accual military weapon
its a glorified hunting rifle dressed up to look like a military gun
its NOT fully automatic its NOT any more powerful than your average hunting rifle its dressed up to look "cool"

The idiotic termonolgy being literal made up to make these guns seem more dangerous is rediculous . there is no such thing as an assult weapon

there are Fully Autmatics , Semi Auto , shotguns , bolt actions , breach actions , revolvers but NO assult weapons its compeltly made up

TrixxareforkidsDate: Thursday, 20-Dec-2012, 12:14 PM | Message # 11
Zombie Pirate
Yes, I know. "Assault rifle" is a social construct used to define guns which are used in "assaults," ie automatic or semi-automatic rifles which are used in the military. But why would one need a semi-auto for hunting? Mama Laza had several guns and the Newtown shooter specifically picked up the "Bushmaster" because he'd be able to kill more people with it

2DaYuDiEDate: Thursday, 20-Dec-2012, 1:31 PM | Message # 12
Ninja
Quote (lspiderl)

The idiotic termonolgy being literal made up to make these guns seem more dangerous is rediculous .

whats your point? lol its not like we're in some shooter game lol... oh wait... u are

lspiderlDate: Thursday, 20-Dec-2012, 1:31 PM | Message # 13
Site Manager
He picked up the bushmaster because it was one he was able to STEAL form his mother he would habe picked up anything he can get his hands on

as for automatics they are STRICTLY regulated in the US you cant just walk into a store and buy one it takes a special permit that takes over 6 moths to a year to obtain costs 500 bucks a year to keep , allows the goverment to do spot inspections on your home and weapons at ANY time and have a shitload of other regulations , furthermore fully automatics ( due to their extreemly limitied ownership regulations cost an anourmous amount of money and start out around 15 THOUSAND dollars a peice .

semi automatic guns are no differnt than a revolver , one trigger pull , one buillet there just a little easier to load They are absolutely important for many things , in hunting if you miss or dont make a clean kill witht eh first shot you wont get a second one with a bolt action . In self defence if your home is broken into by more than one criminal or even just one that dodged your first shot

lastly and most importantly the second amendement was designed to protect teh population form all enemies forgien and domestic , when they established this right it was to protect the people from a Tyranical Goverment . An ARmed populous is useless if their weapons are are so restricted as to be laughable

More food for thought

EVERY genocide or attempted genocide in History was precluded by disarming the population

2DaYuDiEDate: Thursday, 20-Dec-2012, 1:38 PM | Message # 14
Ninja
Quote (lspiderl)
In self defence if your home is broken into by more than one criminal or even just one that dodged your first shot

people dont usually break into houses if someones home and even then, i'd rather not shoot em lol
Quote (lspiderl)
An ARmed populous is useless

Quote (lspiderl)

EVERY genocide or attempted genocide in History was precluded by disarming the population

oh shit, i think he's just been trolling us the whole time :/

a_chinese_kidDate: Thursday, 20-Dec-2012, 1:40 PM | Message # 15
Robotic Ninja
I am actually pretty gun-pro too. I live in utah so im pretty conservative i dont like people controlling my life especially not politics etc. But anyway there needs to be a change in gun policies but they can not take away our rights to arms. Also its way easy to get a gun even if there are gun restrictions. They should make policies larger for gun buying however because the fact a mentally ill person can buy a gun is not right. However a mass murderer will still find a way to find a gun if wants to be insane.

Forum » Fun and General Discussion » World News & Debates » Food For Thought
Search:
Login Form
Search
Make Donation
Latest Posts

CHAT
Social Networking
Our poll - 1
Rate our map
Total of answers: 501
Stats