Friday, 26-Apr-2024, 4:56 PM
Logged in as Guest
Group "Guests"

WC3-4Life / Custom Hero Footies!!!

WARD OF THE GODS - Page 3 - Forum

Forum moderator: Bond009  
Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » Heros, Abilities, and Items » WARD OF THE GODS (lol)
WARD OF THE GODS
AntyoneDate: Friday, 04-Feb-2011, 2:02 PM | Message # 31
Development Director
Group: Clan Members
Awards: 3

hope that helps.

ofc. the distance would change as the location of the tower changes, but not much.
you can also put the wards slightly different, but it is possible to use them effectively with ranged units.

eot

btw, the spot where my mouse is at, this is the furthest location possible from the location my tower is, you can see which tower I have clicked on.

Message edited by Antyone - Friday, 04-Feb-2011, 2:04 PM

TrixxareforkidsDate: Friday, 04-Feb-2011, 3:50 PM | Message # 32
Zombie Pirate
Group: Investor
I've definately dispelled at a farther range than that...but I guess I was wrong. I'll take the heat, my apologies Spider

"being admin on a forum is NOT a super power" - lSpiderl

"CHF BECAMED SUCK S" - yan

"CHF has been my childhood. It actually defined lots of my childhood." - RosarioVampireZ

ArcttyDate: Friday, 04-Feb-2011, 4:36 PM | Message # 33
Ninja
Awards: 0
Ward is good if you can kill their heroes and stop creeps then you get 2 mins of ward of the gods you can usually finish.

Once you get t4 you can survive a wave of penguins, especially t5. Also DnD rapes penguins in like 7 seconds which kind of sucks.

lspiderlDate: Friday, 04-Feb-2011, 4:44 PM | Message # 34
Site Manager
Group: Administrators
Awards: 1
lets not forget also that wards can be used DEFENSIVLY

if your underpoewred and facing a massive wipeout attack and were saving for darks or something like that grab wards and not only outlast there attack but use it to turn around a game preventing them from making it into base and gaining a huge amount of money and possibly xp if your still leveling at all ( or leveling a new hero )

so wards are very effective

I suffer from a condition called dislexix disgraphia so please parden my spelling and typographical errors

CouDate: Friday, 04-Feb-2011, 8:46 PM | Message # 35
Head Administrator
Awards: 4
haha true, wards in defensive mode protects the units but not the base. =P

Legendary Team All Starz pack: http://chf.ucoz.com/forum/49-3291-1

AntyoneDate: Friday, 04-Feb-2011, 8:53 PM | Message # 36
Development Director
yes but you can even block the way to your base with your units.

lspiderlDate: Friday, 04-Feb-2011, 9:09 PM | Message # 37
Site Manager
yeah noob you make a wall keeping them out of your base and get pesants on ur bases that benifit from ward as well ive turned around games were thanks to pubs it was me with t4 vs 3 people with darks using wards to make tons of cash blocking there attack waves

I suffer from a condition called dislexix disgraphia so please parden my spelling and typographical errors

stoogeDate: Friday, 04-Feb-2011, 11:02 PM | Message # 38
★ Contributor ★ / Legacy Staff
Awards: 5
i'd like to see u do that spider...forget 3 dark bases just 1 is enuf to demolish ur base whether u have ward with a hude defensive wall or not...cuz even with ward of god, most aoe's would own ur t4 units and if that dark base is range eg: dark dryads or mortars, and ur wall dont matter, + i luv how u call every1 nub and yet i never see u play or atleast play with/against decent players.

also nice bragging record but useless really since there is no improvement to ur game.

If I tell you I am good, You will probably think I am boasting.
If I tell you I am bad, You will Know I am lying.

Message edited by stooge - Friday, 04-Feb-2011, 11:04 PM

CouDate: Friday, 04-Feb-2011, 11:12 PM | Message # 39
Head Administrator
lol spiders calling me noob because it's my name Stooge haha. It's what makes a pun perfect lol.

Anywaiz sorry I forgot to mention, but yeh, I meant with ranged units like dark mortars and dryads. You see there's a difference. if 20 taurens attack the base with ward in it, you cant use the effectiveness of those 20 dark taurens but if it were 20 dark dryads or mortars, you can always use the full effectiveness of it by clicking on all 20 of those dark ranged units and just aim it on a tier 5 base while with melee darks, you'd be fighting your way through and with the ward, you cant get anywhere.. that's why I favour dark ranged units IMO they're overpowering because by the time a group of dark melee reaches dark ranged they'd have sustain alot of damage just trying to reach them- plus with true shot and command aura too increases their attack by x 3 while command aura only works with melee.

Message edited by Imported_N00b - Friday, 04-Feb-2011, 11:18 PM

lspiderlDate: Saturday, 05-Feb-2011, 4:41 AM | Message # 40
Site Manager
stooge dont be a troll i called a person by there screen name pay attintion and i play at all differnt hours whenever i damn well feel like it if you had been around much even 5months or so ago you would have seen me playing dozens of games every day then my disc ruptured and its kinda freaking hard to SIT and play a game when your in rediculous crippling pain . now once my healing is done from my surgery ill likely start playing more agian

i swear i get a real kick out of people that came around months ago when ive been around for months when i have been around for far far far longer

so realy its a good idea to accualy know what your talking about before you speak on a subject

as as for hte incident in question one person had orcs the other both had human i had dryaadds and had a decent number of them i made a wall several thick had them hold position and popped ward and with teh stream of money i got from them wave attttacking me was able to get more wards and get darks and eventualy get alter and unlike most idiots i see with alter i know how to properly use it to wipe out everything on the map without ever placing it in danger

money from alterin gave me cash for 2 tots then next time i altered i was able to get 2 of the big nuke towers and significantly upgrade range and damage on my dark dryaads after that it was only a matter of time before i killed one of them after that it was a snowball effect before it was game over for them

as for my skill improvment skill in many ways is subjective i have tactics that rival the best players in the game i however dont have the relexes to micro well enuff to pull them off and the lag on my laptop makes it even more difficult but reguardless i enjoy playing and learning ahd having fun

im not a young kid im a 32 year old married man so even when health isnt an issue i cant sit and play all day to "master " a game soo agian your needless trolling is irrelevant

so grow up, take time to accualy READ carefully and dont be a troll when responding to a discussion

AntyoneDate: Saturday, 05-Feb-2011, 6:28 AM | Message # 41
Development Director
stooge, it all depends if they even picked aoe spells.. Their timing needs to be very good too, because if they just cast nova on them, ~2 seconds later their health is fully restored.
imported, once you make the wall at the opening of your base, mortars cant do shit and dryads can only hit the outer bases IF their range is at least 1k+ but that'd be hard too as dryads
are big and need space too and your space is limited there, I doubt if you'd be able to get 10 units to attack any outer base tbh.
melee darks are useless by then, so if you are defending and they are attacking without the wards, its a shitload of cash you are making there.

Message edited by Antyone - Saturday, 05-Feb-2011, 6:30 AM

stoogeDate: Saturday, 05-Feb-2011, 6:43 AM | Message # 42
★ Contributor ★ / Legacy Staff
Awards: 5
u mustve been playing against nonames...if they were just decent they wouldve broke that wall even with ur wards...the aoe's are way too strong for t4 and it can kill the dryads before ur wards can heal them...

and im not trolling i was simply just saying what i thought of ur comment and like i said if they were just decent u wouldnt have gotten anything and as far as altar is concerned i've seen pubs use it and no1 takes it out like ppl used to and Cou(a very good pub) showed me something very interesting and a new way to use it...and even than u wouldnt be able to get 2 TOT's and 2 Nukes from altars gold its just not believeable cuz even without any upgrades on ur units ur looking at about 72k gold which is 1. the game shuoldve been ended by, 2. not possible to get that kinda gold alone.
i remember when me and shk0905 tried to get the ring of jeebus we had 2 altars and were against 3 teams and still took us a good 70mins to get the ring with all the xmutes on darks and the altars...

and i've seen u play before...there was no strat in ur game...and regardless of how much u never showed me any good games...

and as far as ur disc problem goes i feel for u cuz i got a bad back myself...but not as bad as u've described urs...and im married too and to top urs off i got a kid who wont let me play...
also i've never played on desktop or have any special pc for it...i got a laptop too its dell xps M1530...
nothing special...and most of the times i play with 300+pings...which u dont usually see in american ISP's

if u'd play for fun like u claim to...its cool but if u play it competitive than honestly u didnt impress me when u were playing 24/7 and u dont impress me now...

i've only really got into CHF for last 4 months...before that i used to play once in awhile and in 4months i've showed enough improvement to earn being a decent player if not good.

PS: i do apologise for the noob bit...i thought u were calling them noobs...

and dont take everything to heart dude its only net...take a chill pill and have fun like every1 else does giving others shit..

If I tell you I am good, You will probably think I am boasting.
If I tell you I am bad, You will Know I am lying.

CouDate: Saturday, 05-Feb-2011, 7:31 AM | Message # 43
Head Administrator
C..C..Cou! that's the guy! He's got one of the best terror tactics that I've ever seen and I've played a few games with him and he's always been able to turn the tide in the end and really good! haha that's why I started a thread about what makes a pub and a pro in ones eyes. To me, Cous a pro but to the pros, he's still a young lovable pub with potential. gosh I love that guy! biggrin

It's hard to use wards these days anyway. 2 jammies can dispel a ward away. 9 k flushed down the toilet and then the fighting drags on again when the opposing team recoup their darks.

I'm sure Spiders really good. He just might be one of those guys with the black cloak on, standing cool in the shadows, just smirking at the blood shed he can cause if he tried. lol. Sorry, I was thinking about my sig at the time haha.

Message edited by Imported_N00b - Saturday, 05-Feb-2011, 7:32 AM

AntyoneDate: Saturday, 05-Feb-2011, 7:43 AM | Message # 44
Development Director
well remember that jammys have limited mana, to cast off both wards with 2 jammys... well, gl.

there is something else u can use instead of jammy actually.

btw, would the orb of static work on the wards too?

Message edited by Antyone - Saturday, 05-Feb-2011, 7:45 AM

CouDate: Saturday, 05-Feb-2011, 7:53 AM | Message # 45
Head Administrator
Shamans purge, dispel from terror, buying mass dispels from the shop. that's all I know happy

Forum » CHF Development and Discussion » Heros, Abilities, and Items » WARD OF THE GODS (lol)
Search:
Login Form
Search
Make Donation
Latest Posts

CHAT
Social Networking
Our poll - 1
Rate our map
Total of answers: 501
Stats
<